Trolling about other people's language skills...

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Wing Omega Convoy

Re: Alright. Galaxy Force news roundup - here we go:

Post by Wing Omega Convoy »

Originally posted by Nevermore
GC-05 Dreadlock/Dreadrock (Jetfire?)
From what I saw he is called Jet Rock.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Re: Re: Alright. Galaxy Force news roundup - here we go:

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Wing Omega Convoy
From what I saw he is called Jet Rock.

Wrong.

The katakana reads "Doreddorokku"

So Nevermore was accurate in his translation.
Wing Omega Convoy

Re: Re: Re: Alright. Galaxy Force news roundup - here we go:

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Wrong.

The katakana reads "Doreddorokku"

So Nevermore was accurate in his translation.
Until I see the place I originally saw the pics at change them I will refer to him only as Jet Rock, unless you want to provide me with a device that will translate for me that you didn't program.
Dead Man Wade

Re: Re: Re: Re: Alright. Galaxy Force news roundup - here we go:

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Until I see the place I originally saw the pics at change them I will refer to him only as Jet Rock, unless you want to provide me with a device that will translate for me that you didn't program.

Wow. We're just all kinds of trusting, aren't we?

On topic, I really cannot wait for those to come out. Those are going to look so good on my shelf.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.tombeck.com/japanese/alphabet_katakana.html

You don't need to "translate" that. You just need to look up the Katakana characters, replace them with the respective Romaji equivalents and then try to find a more "western" spelling for the pronunciation.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Wing Omega Convoy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alright. Galaxy Force news roundup - here we go:

Originally posted by fort_max
Wow. We're just all kinds of trusting, aren't we?
I don't trust anyone. If someone says contrary to what I see first, I don't trust it until it is backed up by more than one person and the original admits he/she was wrong.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

How about a guy who speaks/reads Japanese? That would be DrSpengler...
Wing Omega Convoy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Alright. Galaxy Force news roundup - here we go:

Originally posted by Sir Auros
How about a guy who speaks/reads Japanese? That would be DrSpengler...
Still has to be backed up by more than one person and the person who said Jet Rock has to admit he/she was wrong. Someone can say they speak and read Japanese all they want but until I see it in person it's nothing more than a story. Anyone can say they can do anything when you can't see them prove it, thus I don't accept anyone's "abilities" as anything but stories.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Feel free to quit trolling in News at any time. If you'd bother even perusing the site here, you might notice DrSpengler's contributed Japanese character profiles (that he translated) as well as translating several mangas.

Bottomline - You're a dumbass and you couldn't be more wrong. Deal with it or shut it.

Well, someone's gotta fill in for Matt...
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Feel free to quit trolling in News at any time. If you'd bother even perusing the site here, you might notice DrSpengler's contributed Japanese character profiles (that he translated) as well as translating several mangas.

Bottomline - You're a dumbass and you couldn't be more wrong. Deal with it or shut it.

Well, someone's gotta fill in for Matt...

Bravo! And i can verify what ever Spengs says, if I knew exactly what you guys were looking at. As I can translate Katakana as well.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Okay, that was a little harsh from Auros, but seriously. I speak some Japanese (specifically, I know Katakana, the alphabet in which names [including these] are written), and I can confirm that "Jet Rock" is actually Dreadlock/Dreadrock. Japanese translations are often prone to some subjectivity, simply due to the nature of the language. An example of acceptable subjectivity is arbitrarily choosing -lock or -rock, since there is only one character corresponding to both the "la" and "ra" sounds. However, it is unacceptable to change "do-re-do" to "je-to" (noting that, after a T or D, O's in Japanese are silent unless otherwise noted), and so it must be a mistranslation. Refer to that link Nevermore gave if you still don't believe me.

(As an aside, I think it's really interesting that you have such odd standards on truth.)
Originally posted by Nevermore
GC-08 ? (too small for me to read that)
I'm reading them as Hop, Bumper, and Blight. According to The Allspark, Blight is Burrito. :eyebrow:
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
ssjautobot
Protoform

Post by ssjautobot »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Bravo! And i can verify what ever Spengs says, if I knew exactly what you guys were looking at. As I can translate Katakana as well.

who was auros talking to/about?

in america, i believe the dreadrock/lock character will be translated to jetfire
Wing Omega Convoy

Bottomline you are a jackass and can shove it. I will call him Jet Rock, or Bottomfeader or anything else I want until multiple people confirm Dreadlocks, don't like then go crying to your mamma cause she is the only one that is going to care you little baby.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Bottomline you are a jackass and can shove it. I will call him Jet Rock, or Bottomfeader or anything else I want until multiple people confirm Dreadlocks, don't like then go crying to your mamma cause she is the only one that is going to care you little baby.

Nevermore: Says it's Dreadlock.
Reflector: Says it's Dreadlock,

That's 2 people. Therefor, it's multiple people telling you the same thing.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Bottomline you are a jackass and can shove it.

And you can officially remove yourself from this thread, forum and conversation and shut the hell up until you can behave like an adult human being.
HookX5

Post by HookX5 »

Wing Omega Convoy needs to shut up - I learnt a bit of japanese back in the day and Doreddorokku pretty much screams Dreadlock to me...

Would he/she also say that "Supa modo" or however it's spelt said something different to super mode???

Wake up jackass.
WingOmegaConvoy

Post by WingOmegaConvoy »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Nevermore: Says it's Dreadlock.
Reflector: Says it's Dreadlock,

That's 2 people. Therefor, it's multiple people telling you the same thing.
So what I and only I define what is enough, plus the original guy who said Jet Rock still hasn't said he/she was wrong yet.
WingOmegaConvoy

Post by WingOmegaConvoy »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
And you can officially remove yourself from this thread, forum and conversation and shut the hell up until you can behave like an adult human being.
Kiss my ass ***.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Get the **** out of my forum.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Seriously whats in a name. It'll be sorted out soon enough instead of yourslef, Wing Omega Convoy, going about causing arguments.

If you think you and only your word counts in this world... get a life.