IDW Beast Wars to have follow-up mini + profile book

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

IDW Beast Wars to have follow-up mini + profile book

Post by Denyer »

People who've got #4 will already know this, but a bit of extra info courtesy of Ben Yee...

http://www.bwtf.com/forums/showpost.php ... ostcount=1
Hi folks,

This project is still in the works and not due out for a bit, so I can't give the farm away. Just wanted to offer some factoids:

* I am writing a Beast Wars profiles book with Simon Furman (some folks wondered if it was some *other* Ben Yee).
* Issue #1 of the BW mini gives you a hint as to whether Japanese characters will be in the books.
* The profiles will NOT just be the guys (and gals) who appeared in the TV show (because that would be one very thin book).
* There will be G1 homages and yes, characters (who became BW characters) in the book such as Grimlock. However, they are in the minority.
* This is not some haphazard assembly of characters. Before writing a single profile, Simon and I worked up an entire backstory for the Maxies and Preds taking the TV show and Beast Machines (to a lesser degree) into account.

I hope you all enjoy what you see as time goes along. We are trying to produce something cool with these profiles. If I can reveal more (or even better, hopefully IDW themselves reveal more in the coming months) I'll post it on the front page or in here.
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

cool
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

That allmost justifies having 5000 charecters hanging about doing nothing in The Gathering. Now, if they actually do somthing with them...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Corking stuff!
I would have liked to keep this a surprise until I got the issue nevertheless I was never one to have any Spoiler restraint whatsoever. I'm actually more interested in the profile book; I have to say I loved DW's MTMTE. Using these backstories and profiles as a base Furman could develop the BW cast smoothly and if all goes well BW could still be the corker we hoped it would be.
-Alex???
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's not really a spoiler, since the next mini will be a self-contained story like this one was... hell, for all I know the Gathering cast may be dead.

Unless it'd equally be a spoiler if they'd announced "we're undergoing experimental brain acupuncture to provide plausible deniability in the event anyone should ask about a sequel."
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Oh I know and in case it came across this way, I wasn't complaining, I merely meant I can't resist reading news and whatnot where it may be more enjoyable, later on, to do otherwise. If I had left it till the comic came out it would have been a nice surprise to read (You know in a vain attempt to recapture that magical feeling of Christmas morning when you were a wee tot) I can't resist reading "new information" would have been somewhat better.

Nowadays all we get is the “magic” feeling the morning after Christmas.
-Alex???