Transformers Prime on UK DVD or BluRay?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
numbat

Transformers Prime on UK DVD or BluRay?

Post by numbat »

I was thinking it might be fun to track down Season 1 of Transformers Prime, to see what all these toys I have tie in to, and to watch with my son when he's a bit older.

However, it doesn't seem a simple task to find a Season 1 boxset on DVD or BluRay in the UK... Can anyone tell me if what I'm looking for exists, and, if so, what it is called?

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Half-hearted search on Amazon makes it look like the first season is only available as individual volumes on R2.

There is a complete season 1 on R1 DVD (though I think the pilot movie thinger is separate).

Reasonably sure it's on UK Netflix though
numbat

Post by numbat »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote: Reasonably sure it's on UK Netflix though
Ah, Netflix, how you taunt me...

Sadly the broadband in my village isn't good enough to stream Netflix. Can barely cope with low resolution version of iPlayer at best if times...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

R1's the way to go if at all possible; Season 1 does include Darkness Rising, it's the Predacons Rising endcap that's got a standalone release; it's not dirt cheap, though. Otherwise, yeh, the UK one's split across the individual volumes.

I have all three seasons on R1 and PR on R2.

The other option is to find someone who has all three seasons on R1 and PR on R2 and access to DVD Fab which can make region-free clone discs.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This is what I've got, although haven't actually watched any of it yet...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251716373284
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

All of Season 1 and 2 should be out in the UK as separate discs on DVD. Season 3 has made it to the UK too as a complete series + movie job.

Oh - turns out season 2 is available as a box set too...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformers-Pr ... +Prime+DVD

and Complete Season 3:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformers-Pr ... +Prime+DVD
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

If you do HD (and as the American blu rays are region locked), seasons 1 and 2 are out on Australian blu ray with season 3 coming soon (and hopefully the film as well at some point!). I use EzyDVD for my antipodian blu ray needs (which will likely also include Quantum Leap soon enough), prices and shipping usually work out cheaper than UK Amazon marketplace sellers: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/search?q=trans ... +ray&t=all

(as it comes up first in the search, their blu of the 86 film is great as well and has all the special features from the special edition UK DVD that weren't on the now hard to get UK blu ray).
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Thanks for all the help guys! So weird that the UK has Seasons 2 and 3 but not 1...

I think I'll hit up the Australian Bluray options (plus the 1986 movie).

:)

Also items on eBay.
inflatable dalek

There was also a German blu ray set of season 1 (with English audio), though I don't think they went further than that.

It amazes me how blu ray seems to have taken off in Europe and Aus much more than in the UK. There's so much stuff--and I'm not talking modern kids cartoons but things like relatively well known Hitchcock films--I've wound up importing because no one wants to release it here.

I mean, what sort of a world do we live in where the Spanish get Poirot on blu ray but we don't?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I suspect Blu Ray hasn't taken off so much because its still relatively expensive vs DVDs (although I've noticed the supermarkets have increased the price of new release DVDs by an extra £3 which closes the gap between Blu Ray and DVD somewhat), and because DVDs are well cheap at any other time of the year and are still an acceptably good format for general viewing.

This thread has made me pick up Season 3 of Prime - £14.99 is a decent price and its not often we get complete box sets of modern kids cartoons over here, and I think I might have to back fill with Season 2 at some point now. Prime looks great on DVD :) Whatever flaws I find with it are largely blown out of the water when I consider how well made it was as a show (esp as I'm not watching it as slightly low res YT uploads).

I can only think that Season 1 hasn't been collected as a box set as the five individual discs can be picked up so cheaply now that a box set would be redundant, whereas the individual discs for S2 are still selling for around £10, so a box set at £30 is a viable option. Or that the firm with the license only has S2 & S3 to play with (appears there are different companies shilling the series between seasons, judging by the start up menu stuff).
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:I mean, what sort of a world do we live in where the Spanish get Poirot on blu ray but we don't?
A world where UK distributors know that you're the only person who would actually buy that because everybody else who'd be interested is over sixty and already has it on DVD?
inflatable dalek

I could have sworn one of the Christmas boxsets we had at work was the season 1 volumes slapped in a cheap card case. Presumably it was actually one of the later two sets and I just misread (it wasn't branded as "Season Whatever").
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Skyquake87 wrote:Or that the firm with the license only has S2 & S3 to play with
Having bought Season 2 & 3 now (tax avoiders Amazon having some more stock of S2 so that's now dropped from £30 to £14), turns out I am right!

S1 was distributed by Universal and S2 & S3 have been picked up for release by Primal Screen. The Predacons Rising and Orion Pax DVDs were also released by PS as box sets with a Legends toy :)