Sequel to RG Veda

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Almagnus1
Protoform

Sequel to RG Veda

Post by Almagnus1 »

Does anyone know if there is something that comes after the anime RG Veda?
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

I bought RG Veda on video back in the early '90s. There were two volumes and I believe they were combined on the DVD version. To the best of my knowledge, that was all that was released in the US... Which sucks!!!!

It's the same with Heroic Legend of Arislan. Vega and Arislan are both great series with beautiful animation. They were just never completed in terms of the US rendition. I'm sure RG Veda was shown in Japan in its entirety... You might want to look into fansubs. I never tried.
Almagnus1
Protoform

Post by Almagnus1 »

Thanx! Just a question, how many total eps are there?
You lock the door
And throw away the key
wasabi
Protoform

Post by wasabi »

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Was looking at RG Veda sites on the net and apparently there were only two OVAs released for RG Veda - which were the two VHS tapes (and one combined DVD) that I had referred to earlier. It's been so long since I've watched it, but I remember how frustrated I felt with the unresolved "ending".

Just some info that I picked up while searching... I was aware that RG Veda was created by CLAMP who were also responsible for Tokyo Babylon, X and Magic Knight Rayearth. However, I didn't know that it was loosely based upon sacred Hindu writings. The manga series has 10 volumes and is probably the way to go if you're interested in finding how the story ends.

Here's a couple of RG Veda sites that I found helpful... Now I just have to dig out my tapes and rewatch it again. ;)

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Gulf/5327/

http://oldcrows.net/~rabi/RG/
Almagnus1
Protoform

Post by Almagnus1 »

Cool! Thanx!
You lock the door
And throw away the key