IDW December 2012 Solicitations

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

IDW December 2012 Solicitations

Post by zigzagger »

IDW solicitations for December 2012 @ Graphic Policy.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Ongoing #12
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Andrew Griffith, Casey Coller (c)
THE RETURN! He’s back… and CYBERTRON will never be the same. Everything BUMBLEBEE and his AUTOBOTS have built teeters at the edge of collapse—and STARSCREAM has to make the choice his whole life has been leading to.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
ImageImage
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #12
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Nick Roche (c)
AUTOBOTS VERSUS DECEPTICONS! The crew of the Lost Light confronts a band of rogue DECEPTICONS—with terrible consequences. As an AUTOBOT slips closer to death, a single decision sets in motion a chain of events that might just spell the end for RODIMUS and his band of travelers.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
ImageImage
Transformers Spotlight: Orion Pax
James Roberts (w) • Steve Kurth (a) • Kurth, Livio Ramondelli (c)
BEFORE OPTIMUS PRIME—there was Orion Pax! Four million years ago, the future leader of the AUTOBOTS disappeared into the Cybertronian wilderness to save a friend. What happened next would take him to the very brink—and have startling repercussions on the current comics!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Transformers: Robots In Disguise, Vol. 2
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli, Brendan Cahill, & Andrew Griffith (a) • Andrew Griffith (c)
OPTIMUS PRIME has given up his title and is now Orion Pax, and he is on the trail of the deadliest DECEPTICON of all…SHOCKWAVE. The Decepticon Justice Division gets a turn as well, hunting those who disobeyed MEGATRON. And the DINOBOTS are back, headed by Ironhide into the Cybertronian wilderness searching for lost AUTOBOTS…but what they find might be the greatest danger of all!
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-541-7
Transformers: Complete Drift
Shane McCarthy (w) • Alex Milne & Casey Coller (a) • Trevor Hutchison (c)
Drift gets the deluxe upgrade as the four-issue mini-series plus the Spotlight issue is collected in this hard cover oversized edition. Once a DECEPTICON, Drift now fights alongside the AUTOBOTS in the ongoing Civil War. How he came to be here, why he was once known as DEADLOCK, and how he came to be at odds with his DECEPTICON allies is revealed.
HC • FC • $24.99 • 152 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN 978-1-61377-539-4
Transformers: Regeneration One #86
Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman (a) • Wildman, Guido Guidi (c)
DARK REIGN! The fallout from the devastation on Earth ripples outwards, all the way to Nebulos, where GRIMLOCK faces his own darkest demons and a fateful choice that may cost him his very Spark. The dark reign of SCORPONOK begins here, and nothing will ever be the same again!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Transformers: Prime—Rage of the Dinobots #2 (of 4)
Mike Johnson & Mairghread Scott (w) • Agustin Padilla (a) • Ken Christiansen (c)
CYBERTRON FALLING! As their world collapses around them, the DINOBOTS battle SHOCKWAVE’s forces to protect the fleeing Cybertronians! SWOOP’s life hangs in the balance—his teammates fight to save him, but will he succumb to evil? The answer may not be what you expect!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Transformers: Prime Season 2
Mike Johnson (w) • Various (a)
The animated action of Transformers is back for season 2! Picking up right where we left our heroes after the events of “One Shall Rise,” Unicron has been defeated… but OPTIMUS PRIME has lost his memory! But not to worry, MEGATRON has plans for his newest recruit… unless the AUTOBOTS can stop their nemesis and save their leader!
TPB • FC • $7.99 • 132 pages • 5” x 7” • ISBN 978-1-61377-540-0
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Why did Drift need an oversized hardcover to collect the four issue mini plus a whole extra single issue? Don't get that.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

MTMTE: That Sgt. Pepper cover is fun. Been parodied to death, but I like it :)

Didn't have to wait too long to find out when the Lost Light crew would catch up with the Scavengers, and it turns out Tailgate's function was a bit of foreshadowing after all. Oh, that Roberts, slipping in little clues and rewarding the audience for paying attention.

Regeneration One: Sigh. Shouldn't judge the book by it's cover, but really?

So, Scorponok is controlling the Dinobots and (as revealed in #82) a small army of Headmasters. Haven't we been here before?
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Regeneration: something doesn't make sense? Isn't scorponok dead? Or at least no longer evil?

Hurray to the return of transformers spotlights, the only gf comics that I have picked up in single issue form.

Maybe this will explain how Orion pax went from how me looked in spotlight blur to how he looks in chaos theory

I guess I'm not th only one thinking "is drift THAT popular that he needs a dedicated deluxe hardcover?
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

relak wrote:Regeneration: something doesn't make sense? Isn't scorponok dead? Or at least no longer evil?
If you'll remember, in the Headmasters mini, the original heads of the Transformers were detached, and a new head (consisting of the Nebulan partner) was put in. Scorponok may have left his original head on Nebulos as part of a back-up plan of sorts.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

zigzagger wrote:Regeneration One: Sigh. Shouldn't judge the book by it's cover, but really?

So, Scorponok is controlling the Dinobots and (as revealed in #82) a small army of Headmasters. Haven't we been here before?
Is that really the plot? I'm surprised that got through editorial considering we're been there and done that recently.
relak wrote:Hurray to the return of transformers spotlights, the only gf comics that I have picked up in single issue form.
As i clicked on the link for this thread I was just thinking I'd like it if they brought back the spotlights. Surprise!
relak wrote:I guess I'm not th only one thinking "is drift THAT popular that he needs a dedicated deluxe hardcover?
Nope, you're not the only one.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'm surprised to see that the DJD are supposed to show up in RiD, though. I wonder who they're after on Cybertron?

Also surprised to see (normal-sized) Red Hot in a cover spread, too. Or at least that's how I think it's meant to be.
zigzagger wrote:So, Scorponok is controlling the Dinobots and (as revealed in #82) a small army of Headmasters. Haven't we been here before?
*facepalm*

Seriously, Furman? Seriously?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Neuronutter wrote:Why did Drift need an oversized hardcover to collect the four issue mini plus a whole extra single issue? Don't get that.
Well, in fairness, five issues is the same amount of contents as the Wreckers hardback, so if there's lots of extra content...

Mind, considering, whatever we may think of his character, no one actually seems to like the Drift mini it seems a bit odd. Maybe he's going to be the one who dies and this is a big tribute?
Neuronutter wrote:Is that really the plot? I'm surprised that got through editorial considering we're been there and done that recently.
There's a chance it might not be a literal cover, but as far as I can recall all the Wildman ones to date have represented the issue's contents.

Warcry wrote:I'm surprised to see that the DJD are supposed to show up in RiD, though. I wonder who they're after on Cybertron?
Has that been confirmed elsewhere or is there something in the solicitation I'm missing?
*facepalm*
Yeah, between that and Thunderwing we're basically getting IDW redux rather than a Marvel continuation aren't we?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:Has that been confirmed elsewhere or is there something in the solicitation I'm missing?
It's in the solicit for the RiD trade. On second thought it makes very little sense, though, since it's sandwiched between mention of "Orion Pax" going after Shockwave and Ironhide wandering off into the wilderness with the Dinobots, both of which have already happened. Unless they show up next issue and we haven't heard about it yet, it might be an error in the solicit. Which would mean IDW's copy writers can't tell the two series apart.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The next one's a Pax/Space issue isn't it? So that's not impossible I suppose, especially as they'd likely be interested in Jhiaxus... Though as you say, even if that is the case how the synopsis places it between stories we've already had is very odd. And "Gets a turn" does sound more like how the other book handled it with them getting their own two issues...

Am I the only one indifferent about the Spotlight? Whilst the return of the series is a potentially nice idea, it seems to be going down the route that undid them first time round of being tied in too closely to the ongoing plots to be able to work as a standalone.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

they'd likely be interested in Jhiaxus
But... he's not really a Decepticon is he? He pre-dates all that civil unrest jumbo.

Everything looks fine (except the drift mini as a hardback. There's nothing strong in that collection at all.)
Am I the only one indifferent about the Spotlight?
I'm a little indifferent. Prime gets enough exposure, dont really see the need for this. I'm also not so keen on IDWs continued push to show all the events of the past though. One thing I've liked about Roberts work is that it hints at previous events but we get to use our imagination a bit. Between Autocracy, its sequel and stuff like the Orion Pax spotlight it feels like a lot of that is being lifted away - and it doesnt always tie in with what other issues have said (the Zeta prime stuff being a prime (sorry) example.

Theres also a feeling of the Pax spotlight being done as much to say "look, Spotlight Blur still fits". While I commend Barber for wanting to fix the main threads, I dont think he needs to tie everything together.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Let's see...obviously, right away, people are suspecting Megatron to return in RID and the autobots going\firing after him.

What if, let's say, Thundercracker returns, and the DJD are after HIM? Or it's just an editorial typo on the vol2. description, who knows?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Knightdramon wrote:Let's see...obviously, right away, people are suspecting Megatron to return in RID and the autobots going\firing after him.

What if, let's say, Thundercracker returns, and the DJD are after HIM? Or it's just an editorial typo on the vol2. description, who knows?
It's either a typo or MAYBE IDW is putting the DJD issues of MTMTE in the RID TPB for some reason, personally I think it's a typo.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.