ARMADA to be sold in the Netherlands?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Shrapnel Clone

ARMADA to be sold in the Netherlands?

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

http://www.hasbro.nl/public/news-popup. ... id=0&id=34

From Hasbro.nl:

The Autobot and Decepticon robots fight over the control of their homeplanet Cybertron. Then they receive signals from another world and that unveals the existance of the 'Miniteam' robots. Whoever merges with them, gains powerfull new abilities! The fate of planet Earth and the entire universe depends on who gains control of these little machines! Will it be the heroic Autobots or the evil Decepticons?

Hasbro will soon introduce these new Transformers Armada, so you too can enter the battle! These Armada figures can transform from vehicle to robot and back again, of course. Combine multiple figures and create a larger robot.

With the new Armada 'Miniteam' figures you have even more possibilities now. These figures activate soundeffects or launch rockets. You get a 'Miniteam' figure with all products.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Grimlock_Tf
Protoform

Post by Grimlock_Tf »

miniteam>???! oh well, nice info
you wanna trade? PM ME!
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

I'm glad they finally decided to release them here. I've been waiting forever.

As for them being uninformed: just check out the pictures of the Transformers. Ugh.
Speaking of conservative candidates, I could just go on and on and on and on and on and not let anyone else get as word in it until I start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards *starts foaming at the mouth and falls over backwards*
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

Update:
I emailed them asking them when they'd be released. Here's what they replied:
"The Transformers Armada will become available in phases starting in spring 2003."

Why do I get the impression they don't like their customers?

At Hasbro NL customer service HQ:
Employee #1: "Look what I got! Another email from one of those pesky customers! That's the second time this month! I hate this job. I hate our customers!"
Employee #2: "Just do what we always do. Give them a really, really, REALLY vague answer and they'll leave us alone. Works everytime."
Speaking of conservative candidates, I could just go on and on and on and on and on and not let anyone else get as word in it until I start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards *starts foaming at the mouth and falls over backwards*
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

Hooray for triple-posting!

They're out. I went to Intertoys but all they had was Red Alert and the Adventure Minicon set. My guess is that they just came out, and they still have to decently stock them.
This does mean that we get more than just the first wave. No idea on the prices yet. On Bartsmit.com prices for Micicons were €9,95 and for Maxcons €32. I don't know if those are the storeprices.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

The prices sound pretty much correct, they're about the same here in Finland. Expect Super-Cons to be about 17€ and Megatron 40€
Thanks D!
jet convoy
Protoform

Post by jet convoy »

wil i think we wont see many models just like RiD i mist a dam lot of them.

so i wil just buy them at big bad toy store
Demolisher
Protoform

Post by Demolisher »

The site hasbro.nl already reports:
Mini-teams: not available.

Does this mean that:
possibilities:
1) Armada is getting a hype over here too?
2) Hasbro distribution is very badly managed?
3) Availibility of armada toys is limited?

I peronally hope for the first possibility.
That would mean that transformers is becomming more and more popular again in the Netherlands.
In the city where I live almost all armada toys were sold out for the last two / three weeks.

This was partially my fault, because I bought almost every different armada toy I could find.

I only hope that more new armada toys will be released over here so I can collect the whole armada toy line (I am eagerly awaiting Unicron, because I really want him in my collectio).

See ya!

Greatinx from tha Demolisher
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

TRU is running out of Armada :)
They used to have all different Minicons, but they're selling like hotcakes. I hiope Hasbro takes a hint and will respect the Dutch fans more, from now on...

RiD Ultra Magnus at TRU for 20 euro by the way...
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

RiD toys finally lowered in price. I believe it had something to do with the fact that Hasbro can't decide the minimum slaes price anymore. I just wish I waited awhile before buying Rail Racer and Megatron :mad:

I got Megatron from a friend in the UK a while back. Last week I picked up Starscream, the Destruction Team and the Air Defense team. When I get more money (at the end of the month, and when I sell my He-Man collection) I'll go hunting for Demolishor and Cyclonus, the Land Military team, the Adventure team and some more cool Minicons (I still can't tell wich ones are released. Intertoys also had the Street Speed team).

Also, Demolisher, I'm voting for option number 2. Hasbro Europe just doesn't know what they're doing.
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

Also, where do you all live? I'm in Heerlen, in Limburg.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant.

I'm actually wondering if Hasbro Netherlands has any real power. I don't think they have any choice in releasing stuff, they might have to do with whatever Hasbro US sends them...
Demolisher
Protoform

Post by Demolisher »

I'm from Oss in Noord-brabant.

I must say.

Hasbro is releasing the different armada toys quite quickly (are they trying to bring the releases up to speed with the US releases?, I hope so) This week I completed the collection of the first eight sets of minicons and also bought the sideways figure which was just released. I could not find Smokescreen. It is hard to find the different armada figures. For example: I had a lot of trouble finding Cyclonus. After visiting about 10 toy stores I finally found one(!) in a toy store in Gemert.
Life is hard for a TF collector in this country.

Peace out.

Demolisher!:cool:
Gertje
Protoform

Post by Gertje »

Im from 's Hertogenbosch and i have the same as Demolisher..I bought all i could find..specially on the minicons.
Still kinda broke for the bigger transformer though but im getting there...
;)
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

The reason it's difficult to find specific Transformers is because toystores just get a box full of assorted Minicons or Supercons etc, and not a box full of, say, Starscreams.
I'm pretty lucky, since there's a Bart Smit and an Intertoys in my town, and I live a half hour drive from two TRU stores.
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

I picked up Cyclonus and the Race Team today.

Lets make a list of sightings from the Netherlands.
So far, Ive spotted:
Minicons:
- Air Defense Team
- Race Team
- Destruction Team
- Street Speed Team
- Adventure Team

Supercons:
- Cyclonus
- Sideways

Maxcons:
- Starscream
- Red Alert

Gigacons:
- Megatron

Anyone seen any others? Im looking for Demolishor and the Land Military Team.
Demolisher
Protoform

Post by Demolisher »

I got this already:

Autobots:
1) Optimus Prime with Sparkplug (import)
2) Hot Shot
3) Red Alert

Decepticons:
1) Megatron
2) Starscream
3) Demolisher
4) Sideways
5) Cyclonus

Mini-con teams:
1) Space mini-con team
2) Military mini-con team
3) Air defense mini-con team
4) Adventure mini-con team
5) Race mini-con team
6) Demolition mini-con team
7) Street Speed mini-con team.
8) Street action mini-con team.

All of these above are available with just one exception:
Optimus Prime. I bought him at a collectors event in November last year (along with Megatron and Starscream). They then were imports from the US.
I now am looking for Smokescreen and I wonder if Laserbeak is or will be available in the Netherlands

So far so good for my armada collection:p
Gertje
Protoform

I got all the minicons

Post by Gertje »

So far out in Holland are 8 minicons:
1) Space mini-con team Pretty rare
2) Military mini-con team Extremely rare
3) Air defense mini-con team Extremely rare
4) Adventure mini-con team pretty common
5) Race mini-con team very common
6) Demolition mini-con team Rare
7) Street Speed mini-con team. Common
8) Street action mini-con team. Very common.

The rare rating is based on my home town.

I wonder when the new ones come out.
I hope soon.But ill watch the import more closely
Vincent Price
Protoform

Post by Vincent Price »

Im gonna pay a visit to the TRU stores in Aachen and Beek next week to see what I can find.
I want the Space Team, Military team and Demolishor. Im gonna skip buying Sideways. I just dont like his robot-mode.

Hasbro.nl should really take better care of their site. A comprehensive list of whats available WOULD be nice.
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Jetfire spotted at TRU in Eindhoven!