Shonen Jump 40th Anniversary Fusion!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
angloconvoy

Shonen Jump 40th Anniversary Fusion!

Post by angloconvoy »

If you hate anime you won't care. But if you don't, check these beauties out(I picked them up in Akihabara today).

The only two manga I read in Japanese, brought together in plastic form :D
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

That's......kinda messed up. Neat, but messed up.
~
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Actually, if you read the manga, One Piece is so heavily influenced by Dragonball that it makes perfect sense. Can't speak for the translations as I never saw much of them.
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Well, my only real exposure to One Piece is the horrific dub on Cartoon Network. The manga is floating around my local comic shop but I've never taken to time to read it. I might need to do that if the translation was done by a decent publishing company.
~
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I heard there's a good fansub floating around netspace if that helps. I can totally understand where you're coming from though. Dragonball (the comic version) is aces in Japanese, but I watched an episode of the English dubbed anime yesterday, or maybe I should say I watch five minutes of the English dubbed anime before I got bored by the script and annoyed by the voices and had to switch it off.

Edit: Incidentally, you're not the first person to tell me about how bad the Cartoon Network dub is. I heard everyone has really nasally whiny voices. And Luffy is for some reason voiced by a woman.