I am apparently not logged in.

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
****!

I am apparently not logged in.

Post by ****! »

According to the blurb at the top, I am not logged in. Yet I can access my control panel fine and everything. Only thing that doesn't work for me is the chat.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

First, clear your cookies. The cookie used for the entire site/board has changed recently, to .tfarchive.com rather than tfarchive.com or http://www.tfarchive.com — previously those domains were treated as two separate instances. If you have two cookies for the site, it may get a little confused.

I got this with Mozilla after the change... logged out of one account and was still logged in on another. Logging out in that instance wouldn't work because the board would only clear its current cookie.

What's the chat error? "Please log in... (etc)"? Again, clear any cookies related to this site.

The reason this glitch was never picked up originally is because Internet Explorer (under Windows) treats tfarchive.com and http://www.tfarchive.com as the same domain, when it isn't. Other browsers respect the domain conventions... but other browsers don't make up 90% of users, and most of them wouldn't have noticed the cookie phenomenon anyway.

If chat still dinnae work after you're sure you're de-cookied, lemme know.
****!

Post by ****! »

I usually do clear my cookies, and it still doesn't work. I'm not getting the new cookie though, apparently... I'm getting tfarchive.com.

Not that it matters I guess, all I ever really do is spam the chat. :p It's alright, NM.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sounds as if something is still remaining on your system, TBH.

If you've got another browser you can try, probably worth a shot.
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

I had exactly the same problem up until a little while ago. The notice at the top said I wasn't currently logged in, but the Controls link still worked. Furthermore, when I clicked on the Login link, it just re-routed me back to the exact same page: Controls and everything else worked, but the message at the top of the page was still saying I wasn't logged in. :eyebrow:

Luckily, the problem appeared to go away by itself, and when I came back after lunchtime it was all back to normal once again.

~Skystream
[color=000066]"Never trust a side that calls the other side evil. They're probably up to something."[/color]

"I found it through your yahoo profile. I was trying to look at a pic of you....and all I saw was this huge baddass truck." ~Zeeky
Current Cute Icon Adoptee: ImageLong Haul
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Do you post over at Nightwind's board? That sig looks familiar.
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

O_o

No... *looks around nervously* ...does someone have the same sig as me or something?? :confused:

~Skystream
[color=000066]"Never trust a side that calls the other side evil. They're probably up to something."[/color]

"I found it through your yahoo profile. I was trying to look at a pic of you....and all I saw was this huge baddass truck." ~Zeeky
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Just the quote bit... I think I've seen others from the list around.
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

Ah, I see. For a minute there I thought you meant someone had the same sig image as me or something... :eek: As a matter of fact, a friend e-mailed the full list of Rules for Life to me, and I just picked and chose from there.

By the way, got a link for Nightwind's board? I don't think I've heard of it before, and I feel like doing a bit of exploring... :rolleyes:

~Skystream

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://pub52.ezboard.com/bthepaddedcell71381

ezBoard, but not one of the popup-ridden ones.
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

Ah, so THAT's Nightwind's board... heh, turns out I have heard of The Padded Cell before. Guess I just didn't recognise that Nightwind was the name of the board's owner. Oopsies. :sweatdrop

Thanks for the link, Denyer. :)

~Skystream

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Asking people "are you familiar with the padded cell?" tends to be misinterpreted.
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

:laugh: I can just imagine...

~Skystream

StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Skystream
:laugh: I can just imagine...

Some of us don't need to...

*runs into wall*

mmm....cushiony goodness....