Universe WishList!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Grufflock

Universe WishList!

Post by Grufflock »

After reading that hasbro would be intrested in continuing the multi-generation line in Universe after Cheetor, Hotshot and Dinobot, I gots to thinking.

Who or what do I want in Universe?

Supreme Fort/Brave Max maybe? The Vehicon generals? All of these many lines, and I'm having difficulty in picking from the different lines. All I'd get really bouncy-happy about, i think, would be Transtech.

Howsabout you lot? Any ideas?
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Clay

Post by Clay »

I think the Movie toys are pretty close to Transtech, actually. Especially the ones that don't have earth modes (Megatron, the Protoform Prime and Starscream).
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

A legit Classics Soundwave that turns into a Missle Truck- a Machine Wars Tribute =D
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Clay wrote:I think the Movie toys are pretty close to Transtech, actually. Especially the ones that don't have earth modes (Megatron, the Protoform Prime and Starscream).
Very true, the design asthetics are very similar, but I was meaning a couple of the old Draxhall Jump designs making it into Universe. Looking at the few prototypes that were made makes me wanty wanty..

The only other thing I can think of are Legends Firecons.. Although I wouldn't mind seeing some old Go-Bot designs make an appearance......
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Transtech would be interesting, though I doubt they'd do it. The best we could hope for would be a Depth Charge with nods to his proposed submarine mode.

Otherwise, some better attempts at Beast Machines characters would be welcome along with some other new molds of the first wave of Beast Wars figures. Rhinox, in particular, with less kibble/more articulation would make me happy.

Hm. I also wouldn't mind nods to G2. Windbreaker, Rapido, Go-bots (not the series ;)), Dreadwing/Smokescreen...the list goes on.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd love a proper Classics Nightbeat - a mass-release one, and one that's actually good. A more cartoon-accurate Perceptor would be nice as well - while I like the original toy, it doesn't really gel with the character for me. I realise a non-working Deluxe-sized Microscope wouldn't be a big seller, but it'd be neat if they made him a Triple Changer with a tank mode for the kids and a microscope mode for the fanboys...

Aside from that, there really aren't too many characters that I like that, in one line or another, haven't had a decent toy.
NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE
Protoform

Post by NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE »

I know Nightbeat was done as an exclusive from the C-Hot Shot mold, which I'd love to see as a mass release, but I doubt will happen, but why not take the E-Inferno and make a U-HMjr homage to Hosehead and G1 Grapple. And since Nightbeat was so similar to Siren why not make Hotshot into Siren?

And I would die for a decent Bludgeon homage I've often maintained that the Armada Megatron with the Enegon Starscream's sword reainted and molded with a skull face would rock!

wyze2099
Protoform

Post by wyze2099 »

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the IDWverse character designs as toys. In particular Arcee and pretty much any character who showed up in the Stormbringer miniseries.

Also, I'd really like to see Punch/Counterpunch, and a version of Blaster that's not a Soundwave redeco. That last one was horrible, IMO.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Like to see a some more of the minibots: Gears, Huffer, Windcharger ect...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Herugrim
Protoform

Post by Herugrim »

I heard they were planning on doing Bludgeon in Universe, but skipped on him because they thought they had too many tank-formers. Of course, if they didn't change Galvatron's alt mode to a tank...

Besides some obvious repaints/remoulds (Red Alert, Jazz), I'd love to see them take a swing at reinventing some of the old gimmicks. Headmasters stand out very well, and a unique combiner set would be very nice. Out of which, Fortress Maximus does stand out, being a double headmaster and all. Also, for Hasbro to do an official Ultra Magnus (so I don't have to blow $100+ on a fan trailer) or the Brainmaster & Breastforce teams. I'd love to see them do a good Wing Saber mould, complete with a little Saber with his own brainmaster, combining with his larger section to form his Super Mode. It would get major extra points if it came with a Victory Leo to combine with.

I'd also like to see them bring us new pretenders. I'm not interested in ones like the old ones, where it was a tiny robot being stored inside an action figure, but maybe they could work it out as some kind of biotechy-armor. I'm itching for a good Bludgeon, Skullgrin, and Thunderwing. Overlord would be nice, too. Combining Powermasters, yummm. And then an updated Powermaster Prime with Apex armor would rule on seveal levels.

But those are all unlikely. If they give us the figures, I seriously doubt they'll keep the old gimmicks. Bludgeon will be another tank-former, no shell included. Hopefully his robot mode will at least resemble his shell. I really wouldn't mind getting an Ultra Motormaster. Even if he couldn't merge into Menasor, he'd still be nice. Also to see some original comic book characters brought into production. Sentinal Prime and Nova Prime would both be excellent moulds.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE wrote:C-Hot E-Inferno U-HMjr homage
What the **** are you talking about?
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

And I would die for a decent Bludgeon homage I've often maintained that the Armada Megatron with the Enegon Starscream's sword reainted and molded with a skull face would rock!

I agree:
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE
Protoform

Cliffjumper wrote:What the **** are you talking about?
:lol:

C-Hot....Cybertron Hotshot
E-Inferno....Energon Inferno
U-HMjr....Universe Head Master Jr.

You don't speak geek? :lol:
NOBODY LOVES WHEELIE
Protoform

Grufflock wrote:I agree:
Yes! :up: This needs to happen!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

E-Landmine into Pretender Roadblock
U-Onslaught into Halfshell (inspired by the Turtler digibash I saw)
Armada Tidal Wave into Micromaster Flattop
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:U-Onslaught into Halfshell (inspired by the Turtler digibash I saw)
Hate to tell you, but that was real.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

secretcode wrote:Hate to tell you, but that was real.
Unfortunately...Sorry Seacon fans, but the G1 Seacon colors are HORRIBLE. Blue and neon pink are not a good recipe for the eyes.

And why it's called Turtler and not Snaptrap is beyond me.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I liked the G1 Seacon colors!
Much better than the Collectors Club colors IMO.

I would like to see some Headmasters, mostly Chromedome and Weirdwolf.

BUT MORE THAN ANY... I WANT A WHEELJACK!!!
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

The Beast Machines Vehicon generals really need a makeover. Seriously. In fact, almost every Beast Machines toy was...weird.
I would like a deluxe-sized Warpath. That would kick ass.
Mindwipe would kick ass as well.
Secretcode is also right about the Machine Wars Soundwave.
More Beast Wars characters like Tarantulus, Inferno, and Depthcharge.
So many to name, so little time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Catalyst Dragon wrote:I WANT A WHEELJACK!!!
An updated Wheeljack that doesn't suck would be sweet.

So far I think they've done a good job with the '84-'86 cast that they've remade in Classics/Universe, but I would like to see the post-Movie characters they release get a bit more respect. It really piqued my interest that the likes of Dropshot, Storm Cloud, Tread Bolt and Overload had a shot at getting reinvented, but I was really disappointed that none of them look anything like the original characters (most of them actually ended up looking a lot more like other Micromasters, TBH).

A lot of my favourite characters are from the tail-end of the series, and as much as I'd like to see new versions of them, if we're going to end up with Ruckus as a green sportscar or Spinister as a blue Grimlock redeco, I'd really rather they didn't bother.

Ironically, a bunch of the redecos that got pushed into the Movie line (Crankcase and Breakaway being my favourites) were really, really nice shout-outs to '87 and later characters, and they make some of the things in the actual Universe line look like jokes.