Transformers: now LEGO compatible!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Transformers: now LEGO compatible!

Post by Clay »

Thanks to HasbroToyShop, I now have Tomahawk, Straxus, Hailstorm, Sidearm Sideswipe, Breacher, and the bug thing.

Interestingly, they all feature some amount of interchangeability among their weapons besides the standard 5mm pegs. They use connectors that are just like lego people's hands, meaning the minifigs can hang on the sides and the robot weapons can be attached to lego vehicles.

Well, I think it's neat. :o
Attachments
lego.jpg
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Clay wrote:Thanks to HasbroToyShop, I now have Tomahawk, Straxus, Hailstorm, Sidearm Sideswipe, Breacher, and the bug thing.

Interestingly, they all feature some amount of interchangeability among their weapons besides the standard 5mm pegs. They use connectors that are just like lego people's hands, meaning the minifigs can hang on the sides and the robot weapons can be attached to lego vehicles.

Well, I think it's neat. :o
That's awesome. I'm going to have to show my son that.

On a side note, I think it's a new, unadvertised feature they've been toying with. Recon Ironhide and Brawn's weapons are also compatible to some degree. Brawn's pistols have a groove on the handles that can be used if the rail/attachment point is positioned right.

Brawn (and Fallback once he's out) has all kinds of rails that are, surprise surprise, the right size for the weapons. I toyed around with Straxus' weapons when I first got him and noted Brawn sitting there in vehicle mode. I gave it a shot and soon I had an armored car with a missile launcher and smoke grenades.

I've been meaning to get a Recon Ironhide for a while now, and this only adds to that desire. Does anyone know if the back of the Recon mold's head is the same as the normal Ironhide mold? I have an idea...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The 5mm peg holes that many TFs these days come with are actually Lego compatible too -- Technic connector pegs fit them perfectly, so if you're creative you can build guns out of Lego for your Transformers.

This adds a whole other level of awesome, though.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

Warcry wrote:The 5mm peg holes that many TFs these days come with are actually Lego compatible too -- Technic connector pegs fit them perfectly, so if you're creative you can build guns out of Lego for your Transformers.

This adds a whole other level of awesome, though.
And now, you've just brought me to an idea, as moccing with Technic(mainly Bionicle pieces though) is somewhere I've been into for a long time. I might even use more of those pegs inside to robots to add armor made from said pieces to them.
I will give things a shot.