Who is your favourite Transformer?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Patrol
Protoform

Your favourite character

Post by Patrol »

Hi. I want you people to write what is your favourite transformer (and if you want to, explain why). I'll start, my favourite is Blast Off. The reason I like this one is that he's got really cool dark colors and transforms into a space shuttle (as a 6-year old kid I really enjoyed the idea of flying into space when I grow older thus I was interested in all kinds of space ships and every transformer that could transform into them, but Astro Train, Cosmos etc. weren't as cool as Blast Off was).
Hound

Post by Hound »

Hound
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
CounterPunch
Protoform

Prowl

Post by CounterPunch »

gotta be prowl, i was devastated when he died.
Dare
Protoform

Post by Dare »

hoist, he was my favourite toy and found him a little dissapointing in the series. another cool transformer is soundwave - god damn why was he never involved in many 1 on 1 fights? he really would have been unstoppable.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Soundwave, cool voice, cool body.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Bludgeon. Or BW Megatron, dependant on whether we include all continuities.

I cheered when Prowl died. And Brawn. And Ironhide. And Optimus Prime.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Brendocon
And Brawn.
Thought you liked Brawn O.o

Anyways, mine are Jazz and Blaster.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Blaster_86
Thought you liked Brawn O.o
You're having a laugh? Surely?!

Me? like Brawn? Bwahahahahaha (copyright DN enterprises... a joint collaberation between the Burnt Coach Emporium and HDD Incorporated. Our lawyers eat people like you for breakfast. And sell the remains to voodoo witch-doctors - and claim it back against tax.)
Denyer

Grimlock...

Post by Denyer »

...UK comic, late US G1 comic and US G2 comic version(s). Why? Because he learnt from his mistakes, came to value life different from himself, and kicked major Decepticon hiney whilst he was at it! Basically, he was more complex than most of the cardboard cut-out 'Bots...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Brendocon

You're having a laugh? Surely?!

Me? like Brawn? Bwahahahahaha (copyright DN enterprises... a joint collaberation between the Burnt Coach Emporium and HDD Incorporated. Our lawyers eat people like you for breakfast. And sell the remains to voodoo witch-doctors - and claim it back against tax.)
I remember you saying you thought he should have survived, guess I mnis-interpreted.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Thunderwing. I haven't read his UK stuff yet (if there is any), but he was great in the US comic. Ultra-intelligent and passionate about his goals, he didn't have to transform to get people's attention and single-handedly bitch-slapped Optimus and every Bot within striking distance. He would have been a great Decepticon leader had he hung around longer...
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Unicron. He was the ultimate. I love all the characters he created aswell - Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Starscreamsghost
Thunderwing. I haven't read his UK stuff yet (if there is any)
That there be. He debuted in "The Big Shutdown" which also featured the first appearances of Nightbeat, Siren and Hosehead. Not that those last two matter...
The Green Knight

Post by The Green Knight »

Starscream.

Honorable mention for Rumble and Thunderwing.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Thunderwing. As a kid I loved two last parts of Matrix Quest US 65-66 and I still do. Besides his toy is half decent (being a pretender), unfortunately it´s my brother´s.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Several.All these are UK comic references.

Optimus Prime: In the comic he still had the big Brother persona around the Autobots but the war eat him up. I loved how he could never express his feelings to anyone due to the situation except at time sin a bizare way to megatron. In G2 I enjoyed his initial confession to being unable to break away from his war learnings in a time of peace.

Grimlock: what Denyer said really. Liked the way he spoke, gradually learned the autobot way and his ferse agression to Decepticons.

Shockwave: One great villian. His cool appearence and personality nailed it for me. The clear indication that he allways tried to use logic to justify he greedy ambitions was a good bit of hyprocosy.

Starscream: prehaps the only truly evil personality in the TF race. selfish, murderous, backstabbing, sceaming and both full of both vanity and capable to embarise him self begging for mercy.
He also provided a few of my fav G1 comic moments like the issue fo Target 2006 in which he wakes up and in seconds starts to plan to over throw megatron "And Starscream can believe"

cartoon:

Omega Supreme. No good reason but I really liked him.Very cool.
Trident
Protoform

Post by Trident »

Well ironhide was on of thoes old long in the tooth kind of bots like cup or trail breaker ......"I many not be fast but Im tough"
Trident is the beginning...... Compassion.... nnnaaaaahhhh

Denyer

Yeah...

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Trident
Well ironhide was on of thoes old long in the tooth kind of bots like cup or trail breaker ......"I many not be fast but Im tough"
...the one whose tech-spec says:

"Ttrithyllium-steel skin makes him nearly invulnerable to attack."

...and goes on to conclude...

"most fragile of the group."

Thankfully they fixed this somewhat for his TF:Universe profile.
Top Hat
Protoform

bluestreak

Post by Top Hat »

I always liked BlueStreak. I just wish he had a Blue Streak. He never got enough play anywhere....so I was always pissed. I also liked Howie from the FALL GUY tv series, but Lee Majors always got more press. So I was always pissed.
Frogican is the Mightiest of All Hybrids
The_Dinobots
Protoform
Location: In The Lizardmen Temple Contemplating how to finish the Old Ones Plans

Post by The_Dinobots »

All of the Dinobots were my favorite TF of all time. It doesn't matter who I choose from the Dinobots they were cool. WHy I chose them? Well I am in to Dinosaurus and I like they way they battle ruthless and unstopable not like the Descepticons who would run away. Basically I just like them.