rumor: Star Wars TF Combiners

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

rumor: Star Wars TF Combiners

Post by Cyclone_X »

from Rebelscum: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Th ... _95672.asp
Beyond what else we’ve already seen and hear about there will also be a deluxe two pack where, check this out; two figures will merge into one ship! Crazy, ain’t it? Clearly this could only be:
Han Solo & Chewbacca / Millennium Falcon
Duocons?
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Don't you know those robot mode's will stink?
How could you make Chewie a Transformer?
Oh well still Star Wars so I will buy it anyway.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Re: rumor: Star Wars TF Combiners

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by Cyclone_X
from Rebelscum: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Th ... _95672.asp

Duocons?

If they do this right, maybe there are some worth getting
frenzy69
Protoform

Post by frenzy69 »

Originally posted by tahukanuva
Don't you know those robot mode's will stink?
How could you make Chewie a Transformer?
Oh well still Star Wars so I will buy it anyway.
Exactly, look how rubbish Beast Wars looks fur and robotics don't mix. I will never have a beast wars bot on my shelf and I will never have these star wars thingies either.
Loki
Protoform

Post by Loki »

Originally posted by frenzy69
Exactly, look how rubbish Beast Wars looks fur and robotics don't mix. I will never have a beast wars bot on my shelf and I will never have these star wars thingies either.

I see your natural and understandable bias and raise you Night Slash Cheetor.

That's what convinced me.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Originally posted by frenzy69

I meant nothing against Beast Wars, the reptiles, Primal, and the Transmetals on looked great, but Chewie could not be a Transformer without radicaly altering at least one mode, unless the combiner was a brown wampa with a Han Solo suit

But Han and Chewie being the set is just a rumour anyway so we might be complaining for nothing.:\

Even if it stinks it is still Star Wars so I will get it. (CURSE YOU LUCAS! :wall: :wall: )
Darth Zax
Protoform

Post by Darth Zax »

Originally posted by tahukanuva
I meant nothing against Beast Wars, the reptiles, Primal, and the Transmetals on looked great, but Chewie could not be a Transformer without radicaly altering at least one mode, unless the combiner was a brown wampa with a Han Solo suit

But Han and Chewie being the set is just a rumour anyway so we might be complaining for nothing.:\

Even if it stinks it is still Star Wars so I will get it. (CURSE YOU LUCAS! :wall: :wall: )

that's exactly as he wants it, would you buy a turd if it said "star wars jabba the hutt turd" with a hasbro logo on it?
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

that's exactly as he wants it, would you buy a turd if it said "star wars jabba the hutt turd" with a hasbro logo on it?

Maybe...:rolleyes:
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Originally posted by Darth Zax

I would actually be interested to see Jabba in a turd statue form in line with the Turd series. It could prove... interesting.

The Falcon is a nice idea but it won't work in either form.
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Originally posted by DrEvil
I would actually be interested to see Jabba in a turd statue form in line with the Turd series. It could prove... interesting.

The Falcon is a nice idea but it won't work in either form.

Save the insults on it til we see it. Who knows, they may get one right. Han and Chewie would make sense, I just wonder what they will attempt with Wedge, Ackbar and Lando. I will then join you in trashing any item that is terribly done. Until then lets wait and see.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

I'm not trashing it

I'm only saying that they will not work in either form because

A) If it is split up it, the vehicle mode will not work individually
B) The actual 'formers themselves will not work as characters due to the colour of the vehicles and ships themselves. Silver Chewy, oh yes lets call him battle armour Chewbacca

Its the same thing they're doing with the Force Battlers range with these little gimicks like "Samurai Obi-Wan".

The only thing done with Wedge would be an X-wing. In other words a Luke X-Wing repaint.
Ackbar would turn out to be a Mon Calamari Cruiser.
Lando... Cloud City... its anybodies guess but I never actually heard that these characters would make it into the line.

The only one I could see working would be a Landspeeder/Obi-Wan (Ep IV) as it contains the same colours.

Even possibly a Jawa/Sandcrawler double pack would work but the chances of seeing these items.... next to none.

Greivous was one of the few that actually works. Another that would work would be Boba Fett/ Slave 1. See where I'm going.

To me they would have to colour coordinate the line itself to make it work, i.e choose vehicles and ships that match the colours of the characters themselves.

I'm not trashing, I'm simply saying the line will not work the way it is currently going in my opinion to fans of both franchises. It's clearly a product aimed at kids only and not exaclty the collectors. The only thing good so far about the line from what I've seen is the mini-figures.
Decepti-jet

Post by Decepti-jet »

I am actually quite pleased with the Star Wars- Transformers.....I think Darth Vader, Luke, and Grievous look pretty cool....but i'm sure the most popular will be Boba Fett as Slave 1.

I am also looking forward to the kitbashes that i expect will be done after the release of these firgures......maybe a nice megatron/tie fighter from the Vader mold?

One i'd really like to see is Trypticon as a Star Destroyer, and Metroplex as a Trade Federation droid control ship (seen from The Librarians "Starformers" artwork).
saddestmoon
Protoform

Post by saddestmoon »

I have got the Kenobi/Jedi Starfighter transformer, and it is much better than I first thought it would be! :)

I like how kenobi's lightsabers become the jedi starfighters missiles when in robot-mode. The jedi starfighter looks kewl. The mini-fig is rather small by comparison to the R2 unit, which is huge in comparison to the kenobi mini-fig.

Glad I got it - good that New Zealand got these puppies early.

I will definately be collecting this line of Transformers!

:)
fourth_heir
Protoform

Post by fourth_heir »

I recently read that General Veers and an AT-AT driver are planned for the line - I imagine they will be the combiner, forming an AT-AT together.
Visit my website to see my latest fanart (updated April 10th 2007)... http://www.freewebs.com/fourth_heir/
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

whats an AT-AT?????
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

all terrain assault transport
the big walkers in Empire Strikes Back
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

oh yeah an emperial walker,
thanks bountyhunter
Bountyhunter
Protoform

Post by Bountyhunter »

Read too many Star wars novels and That's how I know that. No one will play Star Wars trival pursuit with me anymore. After I rattled of the trash compactor number before the question was finished. That and I have run the board eight times in ten games.
I know That is pathetic. so any one want to discuss Hawkins next? Just kidding.