Transformers: Prime Toys Thread.

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Rattrap's tail

Transformers: Prime Toys Thread.

Post by Rattrap's tail »

It was said that TF: Prime wouldn't be tied to a toyline, but this source proves otherwise. This year will be rahter busy for the wallets of many Transfans, now that we got this line next to the upcoming DOTM toyline.

Source:http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=20757

This link reveals official, from what I can tell, pictures of Arcee.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

About time.
A transformers franchise without a toyline is like a Michael Bay film without an explosion.
I like bears.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Rattrap's tail wrote:It was said that TF: Prime wouldn't be tied to a toyline, but this source proves otherwise.
iirc that was an early rumor that they officially squashed a few months back.

However it seems they learned something from Animated. Namely don't wait so bloody long after the series starts to produce toys for it if it proves popular. Seems like Prime is going to be a hit with the kids (I know mine is a fan) so toys seem logical. I'll admit I was a little worried about how the toys would look, but after seeing Arcee and Starscream (his jet mode could use some work, but then few jets don't), I'm a fan.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

Nice. Can't wait for them to get round to Soundwave.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

And Bumblebee: http://comics.ign.com/articles/114/1148173p1.html

...I like him. A lot.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

What is typical though is that the figures seem to lack a gimmick of any kind. other then looking spot-on accurate and having the ability to transform, they seem to just have the show-inaccurate weapons as extra plastic bits and nothing else. They also remind me of Animated alot, with all those smooth curves. It's Animated on steroids I dare say, when it comes to the toys...
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Prime, Megatron, and the kids: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48388

Megatron looks like he's playing Peek-a-boo out of the middle of his alt mode. >.>
glazios

Post by glazios »

Thunderwave wrote:Prime, Megatron, and the kids: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48388

Megatron looks like he's playing Peek-a-boo out of the middle of his alt mode. >.>
:lol: Indeed he does. Let us hope that head can be pushed a little further down - last thing a kid needs to notice his Megatron figure is giving him evils in his alt mode from across the room. That's the kinda thing that gives the little tykes nightmares.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

So far I'm very impressed with the look of these toys. I know these are official images, so taken with a pinch, but they look damn nice. Sh*t, between the movie, ongoing Generations and Prime I'm gonna be broke this year. Ah well.
Preda

Post by Preda »

I'm impressed as well, especially Bumblebee looks awesome. But that Prime? Come on, I hope that's not the only one, it looks horrible...
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Preda wrote:I'm impressed as well, especially Bumblebee looks awesome. But that Prime? Come on, I hope that's not the only one, it looks horrible...
Yep. That's the only one that makes me cringe when I look at it. It's freakin' horrible. Shame.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Preda wrote:I'm impressed as well, especially Bumblebee looks awesome. But that Prime? Come on, I hope that's not the only one, it looks horrible...
To be fair it is out of an Entertainment Pack, so it's a meh Prime, Megs, the kids and probably a DVD with some of the episodes on it (probably the miniseries pilot).

There will most likely be a single pack Deluxe Prime and possibly even a Voyager one.

And taking another look at Starscream it looks like his hands aren't fully transformed. I look like they should be able to wing around into a more normal hand position.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Preda wrote:But that Prime? Come on, I hope that's not the only one, it looks horrible...
Well, considering Hasbro have only issued one Optimus Prime figure for the past dozen or so lines, I'm sure it is the only one.
kateadover
Protoform

Post by kateadover »

Is this the best Transformers toy line? I am looking to get a couple for my boy.
Loganprime84

primes

Post by Loganprime84 »

there were a few primes for dotm at diff price points.and animated had like 5 or so. so dont give up hope for a better prime.i just wish theyd come out already.first seasons almost over.its just like animated.took forever to get toys for that show.
Knightdramon
Protoform

RID wave 1 is released in the UK, you know?

Post by Knightdramon »

Go over to Argos and use their catalogue\system.

Released so far: RID Deluxe Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Wheeljack and Soundwave.

Voyager Megatron.

And various legends\legion I did not care enough to memorize.

Go on, BUY THEM!

RID - Mainline name for Transformers Prime. :clap:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm well ****ing pissed over the whole "bring much improved moulds out three months after the first bunch" thing, TBH. Even more ****y than the first film's "we'll bring out the shit ones first, then add some paint apps six months down the line" wank.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Cliffjumper wrote:I'm well ****ing pissed over the whole "bring much improved moulds out three months after the first bunch" thing, TBH. Even more ****y than the first film's "we'll bring out the shit ones first, then add some paint apps six months down the line" wank.
The only mold I can see any improvement on, to be honest, is Bumblebee. The Acree and Starscream I've got are pretty damned awesome and I'm not sure what you could do to make them better other then find some way to lessen Arcee's back kibble which, unless you want to make her an Animated Prowl clone, would be hard.

Will I pick up the new Bumblebee? Probably eventually. I paid I think $5 for the one I have now. However he's way down on my list. I'd rather get the Hot Shot, or what ever daft thing they are calling the blue version of him, first. Plus it's not like I have to hurry. They'll be foisting Bumblebee on us for the entire run of the series, even though Arcee seems to be the kid appeal character this time around.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cliffjumper looks much improved, as does Bumblebee... I'm mainly pissed because I've stumped up for the First Editions of both; the name was a bit of a clue that led to me expecting tweaked Premium-style tweaks, which I could believe, but new Deluxe moulds within months?

Bah. At least I get to go and get Wheeljack on Monday, providing scalpers haven't had the lot: - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160720702066 - how many of those do we think are actually going to make it out of the stockroom?