"Rebirth" a lot more violent then the rest of the series?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bluebee
Protoform

"Rebirth" a lot more violent then the rest of the series?

Post by Bluebee »

I mean all of the Autobots on Cybertron die (albiet for only a few seconds). Daniel is chewed up and almost gets his arm ripped off. Magnus get mauled (off screen) by the "animals". The Decepticons are tortured/forced into joining with the Hive.

Just wanting peoples views on this.

------------------
If I was an Autobot, I'd be

Bluebee, the never ending newbie.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

You're right, there's a lot of implied violence in "Rebirth" that exceeds much of the G1 cartoon. The gruesome destruction of Prime in "Dark Awakening" and some of the action in "Dweller in the Depths" are also up there on the violence scale.

------------------
"A stiff breeze! S-Ghost, take the Matrix! I quit!"
"It's not so much that I want to kill her. It's just that
I want her...not to be alive...anymore." --Stewie
Optim Shi
Protoform

Post by Optim Shi »

Yeah, I actually had nightmares of the re-animated Prime from Dark Awakening...that was scary when I was 7!
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

I think that Prime in Dark Awakening is quite frightening - obviously not frightening in the sense that it's a kids cartoon - but it's the very notion that the one guy who you thought you could ALWAYS rely on to always save the day losses control....it's makes you worry....

You're right about the level of violence in Rebirth - not on that scale since the Movie - which was a comparative blood bath...Although i always think that the scariest bit in TF:Tm is the bit where you actually see Prime flat-line on the heart monitor - added with that chilling music....the hero who should not die is taken from us (and the film isn't even half way through!)

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>

--------
Kevin:You've got the wrong guy...I'm just a stupid keyboard player in a high school band...there's a million of me..."
Gwildor:Only one of you Kevin...only one of anybody!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Bluebee:
Daniel is chewed up and almost gets his arm ripped off.
Yeah, that was a good episode. Yeah Snapdragon!

------------------
They were the dream.
Mechanical beings able to transform their bodies into vehicles, machinery and weapons;
a last line of defense against the CHAOS-BRINGER,

UNICRON. Image

Looks like I'm:

Use the dirtier side of your imagination

Get your mind in the gutter

Break free from this prison where they keep your freedom of expression.

PaladinPrime: Supporter of the kill all lurkers, and eat them campaign.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

I still wish he died get fully eaten the thought of a dead daniel is cool albeit arcee would SOL with out a head.

------------------
Brendocon do you read me the boringness is blitzing the TFArchive we're all going insane with out you; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster_86 the recent departure of Brend
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this beautiful sig
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Djar][aCho
Protoform

Post by Djar][aCho »

a war between giant robots and we are discussing violence increasing,,, still no blood and still no death continuity?? :-)
hehehehehheeheh
Yeah!!!!
:-D

------------------
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Djar][aCho:
a war between giant robots and we are discussing violence increasing,,, still no blood and still no death continuity?? :-)
Haven´t seen it yet. Was there civilian casualties? Or even in the whole series?

------------------
Osku
Bluebee
Protoform

Post by Bluebee »

Note on Daniel getting chewed up by Snapdragon, Seibertron.com doesn't seem to have the pic' anymore Image .

It seems like Hasbro allowed a few liberaties(SP?) when it came to the characters for the last few eps.

------------------

Edo
Protoform
Location: Somewhere in the pinelands of NJ forming his own subgroup of Autobots that run entirely on vodka.

Post by Edo »

Originally posted by Bluebee:
Note on Daniel getting chewed up by Snapdragon, Seibertron.com doesn't seem to have the pic' anymore Image .

It seems like Hasbro allowed a few liberaties(SP?) when it came to the characters for the last few eps.

You mean like Bumblebee cheering in the backround in Rebirth (after he was changed to Gold Bug in The Return of Optimus Prime)?
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

I think he means more along the lines of Scourge and Galvatron acting rather out of character throughout "Rebirth"...

------------------
Starscreamsghost - Better Than You Since 1981
Ah, for the days of innocence...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Eh, the reason that they chewed up Daniel was so that people like me could finally say that Arcee enjoyed giving head to little boys.

------------------
They were the dream--
--Mechanical beings able to transform
their bodies into vehicles, machinery
and weapons; a last line of defense
against the CHAOS-BRINGER,
UNICRON. Image

-Transformers: Issue 75-
"ON The Edge of Extinction!"

Looks like I'm:

PaladinPrime: Supporter of the kill all lurkers, and eat them campaign.
Bluebee
Protoform

Post by Bluebee »

Weird thing is the story line seemed better than the movies, though that doesn't say much.

------------------

Xilef_Darklight
Protoform

Post by Xilef_Darklight »

As far as I'm conscerned, REBIRTH is the BEST ending we could ever have hoped for TF G1... there is a nice sense of finality, without killing off the decepticons,... For instance, we come full circle,... the series started off with Cybertron almost totally drained of energy,... and we finish the series with it fully RECHARGED... and we know the decepticons won't really return, 'cause the leadership is going to be disputed between 2 foes of approx. the same strengh... The guild vs. the decepticons... Plus, (and sorry for going a little religious here) Vector Sigma is like the God of the transformers... this great ball of light that created them, that was the first... and he knows everything... he has planned everything... he knew the autobots would eventually merge with organics to become an even more powerfull life form. It makes sense... Unity is power. ALL BECOME ONE... hehe (and on a funnier note, Unicron is like the devil.. if one believes in such things,...hehe this great big transformer. Evil.. he consumes and destroys what Vector Sigma has created. He also knows many things, has slaves as he dominates and controls the lives of the robots he influences (or "modifies" in this case),.. and yes... he has horns ! ;:-)