The Satellite of Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

The Satellite of Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Alpha Trion »

I got a TF storybook at the flea market a few days ago called "The Satellite Of Doom". Scared yet? You will be. It originally came with a cassette that read the story to the kid, but that was not present. What was really odd about this book was that it seemed to be based on the toys, and yet Skyfire was in it. Megatron, Soundwave, and (here comes the scary part) Ratchet all looked identical to their toy models. Skyfire was only shown in jet mode, but it was definitely not the Jetfire model. Oh well, it doesn't matter what Skyfire looked like cuz he died in the end.:( He flew into space, tried to crash into Megs' Satellite O' Doom, and somehow died in the process. Did anyone have this or still have it?
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Nope, but I've got the Insecticon book from the same series (Slaves of the Insecticons)....
The cassette is nice. Not the original voices, but their Soundwave imitation is quite good.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Hmm, tf's drawn like their toys?

Have 4 books that fit that description, no tapes though.

They are all from Ladybird publishing, not sure if your book is the same, since the lists on the books only go to 8 issues. And those 8 don't list the ones you or Kickback have.

I have:
Autobot Lightning Strike
Megatron's fight for power
Autobots fight back
Decepticons at the pole(post movie/headmasters characters)
RID Scourge

Re: The Satellite of Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Oh well, it doesn't matter what Skyfire looked like cuz he died in the end.:( He flew into space, tried to crash into Megs' Satellite O' Doom, and somehow died in the process.
What's up with Skyfire comitting suicide all the time? It's almost as if he tries to die to look like a hero.
Garand

Post by Garand »

Bought the book on eBay.. passed on buying the corrosponding 45rpm record at Botcon though.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Ravage_mk2
Hmm, tf's drawn like their toys?

Have 4 books that fit that description, no tapes though.

They are all from Ladybird publishing, not sure if your book is the same, since the lists on the books only go to 8 issues. And those 8 don't list the ones you or Kickback have.

I have:
Autobot Lightning Strike
Megatron's fight for power
Autobots fight back
Decepticons at the pole(post movie/headmasters characters)

Mine is from the Listen 'n Look Book series, not Ladybird, but they could have used a different publisher in Europe. The story is by John Braden and the illustrations are by Dave Smith. The copyright date is 1985. Another interesting thing about this book is that all the characters are Über-detailed, but the backgrounds look terrible.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Nope, different writer and artists in those Ladybird ones