What's your favorite TF series.

G1

Beastwars

Prime

Other
Tramp
Protoform

Post by Tramp »

G1 is still my favorite, but TFP comes in at a close second.
Hound

Post by Hound »

All my favorite characters and stories were done in Beast Wars.

However, my favorite series is still G1. It's the toys. It's always been the toys that have affected what I've liked best about TFs. My favorite toy is my favorite TF. Even though he had almost no personality at all in the cartoon or the comic. I'm so hooked on G1 toys. That's why these new Generation toys are the only thing new I've bought in the last 5 years.

I have this nostalgic love for the toys I was into when I was little. I know that objectively they aren't as well designed as all the new toys but they will always be way cooler and fun to have than any of the stuff that's come after.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Separating the toyline from the Tv show, its Beast Wars for me. Although it has its flaws, it has a sense of itself and what it's about. the G1 references are nice, but I often wonder what direction the show would have gone in without Ben Yee's influence. I say that as he comes across as the worst kind of fanboy on the interviews on the Madman DVDs forever wanting link the slightest thing to the precious geewun 'mythos' (yeah, that'll be the mythos that as far as the original cartoon went was pretty much made up as they went along then...tremendous).
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Honestly, I think Animated is my all-around favorite. I know not everyone cared for the style, but I thought the show was great, it introduced some cool characters, and the toys were just fantastic. I'm still a little sad that it ended prematurely. They had a lot more they could have done before it got stale.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

TV series, BW+BM, with the caveat that episode-for-episode Prime has surpassed it so far. I can watch the movies almost endlessly. G1 I can manage the odd episode, but whenever I sit down and put on a batch, even as background, the rampant stupidity just drives me up the wall.

Series-as-in-series-of-toys, probably G1 before the toys devolved circa 1986 (i.e. roughly when they started designing them for purpose, ironically). Technology's moved on, but there are still few toys more satisfying than the Autobot cars - Diaclone moulds + Bob's finest character work = the backbone of the line to this day. The live action stuff scores very highly, though - in a way it's a victim of its' own success; I'm pissed that Soundwave looks small next to Bumblebee when ten years ago the scale problems of lining - say - RiD Ironhide and X-Brawn next to each other just didn't occur to me.
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

G1. I still remember the watching the first episode.

Good Times.
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

G1 for me, I still love the movie. Beast Wars I love almost as much, but I hate Beast Machines and I haven't seen enough of Prime to make my final decision on it. I do like Animated though.
Destruction is my specialty
Decepticon Spike

Post by Decepticon Spike »

Over all, G1, but, as far as writing goes, BW or TFP.
horizon
Protoform

Post by horizon »

G1 the comics.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

ALthough the Japanese HEadmasters series was my first, i always felt that the series that embodied the best of all aspects (writing, voice acting, cast chemistry, animation etc) was Beast Wars season 2 onward right up to Beast Machines.

Yes the CGI may look crap now, but back then, it was extraordinary compared to other CGI shows released around that time (Voltron Third Dimension)