[Prime] S3EP13 DeadLock

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

[Prime] S3EP13 DeadLock

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Not a bad way to go, had a nice change on who kills
SPOILER! (select to read)
Megatron. It does seem kind of cheap that they just have Bee coming back to life after a few secs. It is shocking that Predaking did not have show up till the end and just flew off. Show everyone but Ratchet head to Cybertron to start the rebuilding.
Do we have an air date for the movie? I know that the thing comes out early in Oct for dvd/ blu ray.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Pretty meh episode and definitely less nice of an episode than Animated's ending.

Which is a bit of a cheat though, as it's not technically the end of Prime, there's still a one and a half hour movie to wrap everything up. I'm reserving all critique 'till then.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Knightdramon wrote: Which is a bit of a cheat though, as it's not technically the end of Prime, there's still a one and a half hour movie to wrap everything up. I'm reserving all critique 'till then.
I totally missed that news! That's good to know because like you I thought "meh" about this episode followed by an "is that it?" :D

Looking forward to the movie then. Hope it'll feature some new characters too like the Prowl that just received a toy. *keeps fingers crossed for a Jazz*
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

as a season finale, i thought it was pretty good. there was definitely the feeling of a lot of wasted opportunities with this third season though. there doesn't seem to have been much thought put into it after those very strong opening four episodes and we've just lapsed back into quests for macguffins. the 'beast hunters' angle has been totally redundant and unnecessary and not brought anything new to the series which seems a bit of a missed opportunity.

some good shooty fight scenes again in this episode, but it made me realise how underused a lot of the Autobot cast have been this season. The ones that have haven't been the most sparkling and engaging members either, thank f**k for Ratchet getting some good screen time in the run up to the finale. Not sure about his decision to stay on Earth. That seemed to come out of nowhere and surely he's more likely to be needed on Cybertron.

I also liked that the crucial fight between Optimus and Megatron was derailed by Bumblebee!