Classics 2.0/Universe wave 1 revealed + club Seacons!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

Classics 2.0/Universe wave 1 revealed + club Seacons!

Post by Ackula »

According to the Allspark and TFW2005 The Transformers Collector's Club has revealed the line-up for the first wave of Classics 2.0/Universe figures.

Among the Deluxe sized figures are Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Tankor (better known as Octane). Joining them in the Ultra price range is Onslaught and Powerglide. They also showed an image of the upcoming Sunstreaker figure but it is exclusive for members of the Collector's Club.

Also announced was that there were definite club plans to offer the long-absent Seacons set, as well as a Nightbeat toy.

edit:

Official prototype pics --
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/univ ... CADFB6ADDC

The official TF universe section --
http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/universe/

UPDATE 2/6:
TFCC has released a video preview of the club exclusive Nightbeat. Credit also goes to tfw2005.com.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... eo-164178/

UPDATE 2/10
Preview image of Evil Prime up at botcon.com
http://www.botcon.com/08figures.cfm

- ziggy
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

If the Seacons come out only via the club (as opposed to hasbrotoyshop.com), I'm going to be pissed. I hate that damn club and the sham that is the convention.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ackula wrote:Joining them in the Ultra price range is Onslaught and Powerglide.
The Onslaught we saw last month is an ultra? The design looked like a serviceable deluxe, but at a higher price point he's going to be warming shelves like mad. I mean, I was speaking out in favour of the mold in the other thread and even I wouldn't buy him as an ultra.

Curious about the Powerglide they mention. Didn't they have some trouble securing the name for a Legends release in the first Classics line? Nice to see they've reclaimed the name (if this is indeed the toy's final name), but in a line that's supposedly meant to faithfully represent classic characters he's an odd choice for an Ultra. Not that it's a bad idea per se. An A-10 (assuming that's what he still is) should be a lot bigger than a car. It's not very G1-esque, though.

I can't for the life of me imagine why they'd allocate the first two Ultra molds to a pair of random nobodies like Onslaught and Powerglide. It's a bad choice in my books, and strays away from one of the things that made the original line so successful -- the toys with big price tags in Classics also inevitably had big names attached.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

i like the onslaught toy as an ultra, but I'm way more enthused about the powerglide news.

wish i was a club member so i could see sunstreaker.
Come on and wind me up.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Sir Auros wrote:If the Seacons come out only via the club (as opposed to hasbrotoyshop.com), I'm going to be pissed. I hate that damn club and the sham that is the convention.
I feel 100% the same way as you do, I'm gonna be very disappointed if they are super expensive club exclusives, or Botcon exclusives.
Warcry wrote:I can't for the life of me imagine why they'd allocate the first two Ultra molds to a pair of random nobodies like Onslaught and Powerglide. It's a bad choice in my books, and strays away from one of the things that made the original line so successful -- the toys with big price tags in Classics also inevitably had big names attached.
Thats confusing me as well. Seems like a very odd choice for Ultra figures, and I really expected a Galvatron to be released as an Ultra.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I forget if it was mentioned somewhere else, but is Onslaught definitely not a combiner? An Ultra for the core body might be cool with deluxes for limbs.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Yeah, An Ultra Galvatron would rule
Come on and wind me up.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ackula wrote:Thats confusing me as well. Seems like a very odd choice for Ultra figures, and I really expected a Galvatron to be released as an Ultra.
I certainly can't see them releasing him as a deluxe, so (unless they're doing some voyagers in the later waves) he's got to be an ultra that they're holding back for a later release. You'd think he'd have been front and centre in the first wave, though. :\

Like I said, odd choices to lead off the line with.
Notabot wrote:I forget if it was mentioned somewhere else, but is Onslaught definitely not a combiner? An Ultra for the core body might be cool with deluxes for limbs.
I don't think we've gotten any official word, but if he's a combiner the combination points are very well hidden in robot mode. :)
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I sure hope that Powerglide is not a repaint of Jetfire.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

i doubt Powerglide is Jetfire, but Cybertron Wing Sabre is an ultra sized figure....just sayin....
Come on and wind me up.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Treadshot A1 wrote:I sure hope that Powerglide is not a repaint of Jetfire.
I seriously doubt that the first wave of Classics 2.0 will feature any repaints of previous lines. I think even that is beyond Hasbro, we've never seen that in the past, its the later waves near the end that have the repaints. Well, except the Universe line, so I should just watch what I say I suppose....
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

But will the Powerglide come with a little ickle model of the girl who loved him so he can chuck her about?

Stoked for Prowl and Nightbeat (though I'm not clear from the OP if the latter is going to be a Classics or a club exclusive one)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:Stoked for Prowl and Nightbeat (though I'm not clear from the OP if the latter is going to be a Classics or a club exclusive one)
A while back we saw some stuff (a comic cover or something) from the club with Energon Hot Shot done up as Nightbeat, IIRC.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Ackula wrote:Well, except the Universe line, so I should just watch what I say I suppose....
Maybe that's why they've reused the name for this line...
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Ackula wrote:I think even that is beyond Hasbro, we've never seen that in the past, its the later waves near the end that have the repaints. Well, except the Universe line, so I should just watch what I say I suppose....
Didn't Energon start with some repaints of Armada Overload and Scavenger to fill out some shelf space too?
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Notabot wrote:Didn't Energon start with some repaints of Armada Overload and Scavenger to fill out some shelf space too?
You got me, to be honest Energon is the series I know least about. I hated the cartoon and only own 2 figures from the line, so I suppose it is a possibility. However TFU is showing that there were no repaints on those molds, except for the Cosco exclusive Overload repaint. So I'm gonna go with "no" for now :laugh:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Just to clarify as I read this, since there are people from different countries on here, the "Ultra" size everyone is speaking of, is that the same size as "Voyager" $20 size here in the US? Or is it the humongous "Ultra" that's typically $40-$50 retail here in the States?

And I'm pumped for the deluxes. I friggin' loved all the last round of Classics, and I can't wait for Sunstreaker!
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I hate the fact that on Seibertron.com they talk about it, but no pictures or else people will get banned from posting them. I agree I will NOT pay 40 USD a year to just be able to see images of something I might want to buy in the future. I am not even close enough to go to any of these Botcons, and I find them stupid to go to unless I was filthy rich and had a product to sell also. Just my thought.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Springer007 wrote:I will NOT pay 40 USD a year to just be able to see images of something I might want to buy in the future.
Well, what you do is you wait a little while, and you'll see pictures. They'll be comfortably out long before the figures to the general public. There'll even be pictures on the packaging, I suspect. Hasbro aren't going to pack the line randomly in black plastic bags or anything (that's what Takara are for).

What the Hell is it with fans being impatient children all of a sudden? For Christ's sake.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Cliffjumper wrote:Well, what you do is you wait a little while, and you'll see pictures. They'll be comfortably out long before the figures to the general public. There'll even be pictures on the packaging, I suspect. Hasbro aren't going to pack the line randomly in black plastic bags or anything (that's what Takara are for).

What the Hell is it with fans being impatient children all of a sudden? For Christ's sake.
I want to know if the rumors of Sunstreaker being a mini-alternator are true :D.