More TF: Video game screen shots up at Gamespot

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

More TF: The Game screen shots up at Gamespot

Post by zigzagger »

Gamespot throws all you TF gamers out there another bone.
New screen shots of the up and coming game, based on the new movie.

edit: The two gents in the first picture are Welker and Cullen. Apparently, both have been signed, from what it sounds like, to do voice-overs for the game.

edit:

More screens shots of car tossing action. :nonono:

or just check out the senseless destruction here, at the game's site.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Short Video Interview Short Review:

Awesome!

Little bit of a chill down my spine hearing Cullen. At the end of the video there is a bit of Dialog that really made me smile:
Cullen: This ends here, Megatron
Welker: Die! Autobot!

sweet....

Peter Cullen IS Prime. Gary Chalk is good but Cullen is Great.
Come on and wind me up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I can be a robot AND THROW CARS AT OTHER ROBOTS? OMFG this thing had better run on Windows 95...
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I agree about cullen but I think kaye is the best megatron.

I really enjoyed the armada game so if its more or less in line with that it should be good.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I'd agree with you about Kaye. His megatron was sinister while Welker's is more manic.
Come on and wind me up.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Car wrecks throwing cars at other car wrecks to create more car wrecks. Seems like a weak premise to me and I'm not sure how it's related to Transformers.
Scorned1
Protoform

Post by Scorned1 »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
I agree about cullen but I think kaye is the best megatron.

I really enjoyed the armada game so if its more or less in line with that it should be good.

Correction, David Kaye is good as the other Megatron copycat. Frank Welker did an audio interview here where

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168669.ht ... ws;title;0

where he did a sample of how he created the voice of Megatron. I swear to god that it feels like watching an episode of G1. It was frakking weird. He can still do the Megatron voice in the Michael Bay movie but pitty they felt like going with a movie star.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Originally posted by Scorned1
Correction, David Kaye is good as the other Megatron copycat. Frank Welker did an audio interview here where

*Runs home, locks doors and initiates 'Anti-Kaye Protective Barricades' to protect me from the possibly onslaught this guy might face.*

Honestly though, while it's fun hearing Welker as Megatron, because it's nostalgic, his Megatron (the only time its sounded threatening was the animated Movie) sounds like an old man has a worthers original lodged in his throat. Whereas Kayes megatron (from the Beast Era I might add, havent liked it in anything following that) Was schemingly evilly diabolical..... Yeeessss
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Originally posted by Scorned1

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168669.ht ... ws;title;0

where he did a sample of how he created the voice of Megatron. I swear to god that it feels like watching an episode of G1. It was frakking weird. He can still do the Megatron voice in the Michael Bay movie but pitty they felt like going with a movie star.

yeah because feeling like i am watching an episode of G1 clearly indicates that welkers superior megatron performance. Why o why didnt kaye do the exact impression of G1 megatron in beast wars?

oh wait listening to Kaye didnt give me a bloody headache is why.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Getting back on topic I think this looks great although you cant always tell from static screenshots.
Im just hoping my system will be able to run it OK although Im doing slightly better than Cliffy.Mind you it may just be the excuse I need to upgrade to a Core2 duo and a new mobo.
Between this and the new toys this movie is going to bankrupt me fo August I reckon!!!
Brimstone
Protoform

Re: More TF: The Game screen shots up at Gamespot

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by zigzagger
or just check out the senseless destruction here, at the game's site.
That video was pretty funny, but what's with the weird looking Autobot and Decepticon symbols at the end? I can't tell what they're trying to convey there, but they both look asymetrical for some reason.

Anyway, does anyone know if that music on the website is for the movie? I don't recognize it from anything else, but I may have missed something. I've listened through it a couple times now, and I'm really diggin' it! It captures the epic nautre of Transformers, yet still has a somewhat sci-fi feel. Like, it would be out of place in say Lord of the Rings, yet still feels very epic and grand. Does that make sense?
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"