[RID,UT] Robots in Disguise

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
.::w3dg3::.
Protoform

Robots in Disguise

Post by .::w3dg3::. »

whats this Robots in Disguise thing?

( i have alot of cathing up to do on transformers )
LordSixshot
Protoform

Post by LordSixshot »

Go to the Robots in Disguise Forum, and read the FAQ topic at the top....
They did play him. Not much happened.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

which is the forum this has just been moved too...
SL-27
Protoform

Post by SL-27 »

It's a most vile perversion of Transformers from japan where the characters step all over each others lines, the dialogue half-assed, emotional and facial reactions are exaggerated, and the villians are incompetent, all, when combined, thereby neutralize any potential for drama or even mediocre melodrama (e.g G1 ep The Golden Lagoon). Standard fare for Animé. It would have to STRIVE to achieve mediocrity.

But that's just my opinion.
nmathew
Protoform

Post by nmathew »

Originally posted by SL-27

But that's just my opinion.
You are not alone. Frankly, I don't even know if I'm going ot manage to finish off what episodes I already have of it downloaded.

--nmathew
________
COACH PURSES
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Heh, I just finished off season 3 of G1, I was dying just trying to get through it.
Starfield
Protoform

My RID mini review

Post by Starfield »

As a whole, the series is largely... uninteresting. Not much happens. The one thing that kept me watching is the characters. The characters themselves were pretty good, but characterization suffered when they had to introduce new gimmicks like the brother's super mode and a large robot with zero personality. The Spychangers were interesting but got dropped. Team Bullet Train had good back and forth banter for a while. Having the Autobot's faces on screens in their vehicle mode dashboard was an effective innovation.

There were about three episodes in the middle of the series where the Predacons were genuinely funny and the story was thoroughly enjoyable. Then the introduced the Decepticons. Mega Octane and Scourge are basically the same dude. If there were one of him, he would be a solid character. The rest of the Commandos were empty chassis except as being an army and had too much screen time.

Optimus Prime was good. Mega/Galvatron was a little irritating (that may just be the voice actor). Ultra Magnus started off good but got tiresome when he never changed his attitude but still seemed like part of the team anyway. They used Omega Prime rather erratically. The humans (I include T-AI) were typical humans.
SPOILER! (select to read)
The ending was pretty dumb.
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

Uh, Star... five-year-old thread...?
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

Chris McFeely wrote:Uh, Star... five-year-old thread...?
I didn't want to start a new one if one already existed.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I can't really blame you for that. Some forums start screaming you for not using the search first, others are really anal about thread necromancy...hard to keep track which ones prefer which.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I will say that the Car Brothers were what brought Me back into Transformers after a 14 year absence.
Come on and wind me up.
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

Whilst the show itself was lacking left right and centre (no thanks o the 4Kids redub and re-edits) the majority of the figures kicked the crap outta anything we had seen at that point.

Fire Convoy is still the highlight of that set for me.

However, there was a PVC Staue set if Convoy, Sky-Byte and TAI that scared the pellets outta me
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Robots in Disguises is, however, a very nice little fan-fic you can find elsewhere on this website.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Rurudyne wrote:Robots in Disguises is, however, a very nice little fan-fic you can find elsewhere on this website.
Oooh. Three guesses who it's by.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Halfshell wrote:Oooh. Three guesses who it's by.
LKW actually.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Herugrim
Protoform

Post by Herugrim »

It had some very good moulds, especially the combiners. And Skybyte still rules! He needs to start his own predacon faction with Waspinator and BW Inferno.

I wasn't a big fan of the Gigatron/Megatron toy. He looks about three different kinds of awesome, but some of his 'extra modes' are way too recycled. Bat/Gargoyle, Elephant/Demon Dragon, Giant Claw. He'd have been fine with just the Jet, dragster/batmobile, and two-headed dragon alts. And the mould did make a pretty good Dezaras retool.