More Than Meets The Eye - Part 1

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
00-Tosti
Protoform

More Than Meets The Eye - Part 1

Post by 00-Tosti »

I'm beginning to rewatch all transformers G1 episodes, just watched the very first episode.

Some questions though:

- Who are those 3 robots that can transform into a photocamera, never seen them before !

- Did the ship actually download information from planet earth to let the transformers/decepticons transform in carmobiles. Because their names were already autobots. And the two decepticons that followed bumblebee on cybertron were 2 flying triangles.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

-All three are known as Reflector. They also have separate names: Spectro, Spyglass and Veiwfinder, if I recall correctly.

-Don't know exactly what you say. But, Autobots and Decepticons on Cybertron had they're Cybertronian modes (triangle jets, hover cars, street lamps ;) ). When they were stranded on Earth, Teletraan 1 (Autobots' ship's computer) gave them Earth modes so they could disguise themselves as what Teletraan believed to be dominating life form on Earth.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
00-Tosti
Protoform

Post by 00-Tosti »

Thx for the information, I'm know watching episode 2. And it seems those 3 robots are not alone I saw like 7 of them at the same time. I asked a friend of mine who is a transformer-guru and he told me these 3 make appear only in the first six episodes because their popularity wasn't that high. Can you explain why I saw 7 of these guys. I also heared that there were some errors in the G1 series like two starscreams at the same time on the screen. Is this the same error ?

Sorry for my not so good english !! ;)
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Well the 2 Starscreams or the 7 reflectors is just the beginning

there are tons of errors, that you didn't see as a child.

But don't let them or the sometimes childish/stupid stories bother you

The episodes are often still very good

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
00-Tosti
Protoform

Post by 00-Tosti »

It isn't bothering me ;) I just love the series !!
Reflectors are boring though !!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

In More Than Meets The Eye you'll see several Starscreams, Rumbles, or Reflectors more than once. People tend to say:

'It's not an error, it was made on a purpose so Decepticons don't look outnumbered when compared to Autobots. Who said there weren't many Decepticons who had the same colour and the same jet mode?'

I say it is an error, but whatever flows your boat. :)
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Well, at least the orange seeker has been retroactively declared "official", as e-Hobby has released him as "Sunstorm" in Japan. :p
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

The annoying thing about Cartoon reflector was the fact they were just clones of one robot. If you have a look on the net for pictures of the actual reflector toy, you'll find the three robots that comprise him (Spetcro, Viewfind and Spyglass), all look physically different. Why did they not incorporate this into the cartoon?

They must have had scematics of the toys to work from, so it doesn't make sense to me.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

After those 3 eps it quickly turns into ****, sadly.
screamosteve
Protoform

Post by screamosteve »

gen 1 ****s over beast wars and the other **** they came up with afterwards.
Poison the Well have a new album out called You Come Before You.

Join their online team here

http://www.m80teams.com/?QzoxOTM6MjkxMzkx
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by screamosteve

Wow, tell us why.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Beast Wars CGI show vs. G1 kids' cartoon = Great storytelling & decent CGI animation vs. few average stories among tons of cr@ppy idiot plots & mostly lame animation with lots of errors.

Beast Machines CGI show vs. G1 kids' cartoon: See above.

G1 would beat Armada storywise if it wasn't for the last quarter (the final 13 or so episodes in a row) of the armada cartoon which simply rock. Animation-wise, Armada as a whole is better than G1 as a whole.

So, I don't see your point either.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Computron

Post by Computron »

Troll!!!

I don't think its worth even bothering to put evidence in front of you to show your short sighted as you clearly arn't a tf fan as such, mearly a "nostalgia fan"

Do the world a favour and take a long walk off a short pier.
Ballplayer
Protoform

Post by Ballplayer »

Stop fighting over which series is better, we all have our favorites, and there not gonna change because someone says they suck

Dead End :"If we give away our energon cubes we're doomed.

Break Down :"If we don't we're doomed too.

Dead End :"Face it We're Doomed
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Ballplayer
Stop fighting over which series is better, we all have our favorites, and there not gonna change because someone says they suck

I accept people liking one over the other, I don't like people making comments with zero proof to back them up
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Exactly. Had he said 'G1' cartoon is his favourite, it would be OK. But he started a discussion, and I for example would like to hear what are his reasons to believe BW for example is ****. This is a discussion board after all.
00-Tosti
Protoform

Post by 00-Tosti »

I don't think Transformers have that great stories (never seen armade though), but it's the nostalgic feeling that keeps me watching the show. I don't know If I'm going to watch Beastwars ever because I do not like the "Reboot" graphics and it doesn't give me the nostalgic feeling.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

:yawn:

I'll bet you couldn't even list what came afterwards without a search engine.
00-Tosti
Protoform

Post by 00-Tosti »

OK, let's stop this bitchfighting !!!

Here is a question from a TF noob ;) I was looking for Transformers DVD's on ebay and I found this.

99. Scramble City
100. The Zone

These episodes are not in the original epilogue. Are these unaired episodes if so are there more unaired episodes out there.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Originally posted by 00-Tosti

99. Scramble City
100. The Zone

Are these unaired episodes if so are there more unaired episodes out there.

I think these are Japanese episodes. The Japanese series had its own storyline and continuity e.g. they disregarded the events that occurred in Transformers: The Movie.

Scramble city features the Protectobots and Stunticons, and I think Metroplex also appears. I'm not sure if it was ever dubbed into English, the version I have is all in Japanese.

Some Japanese Transformer shows have been translated, and you can purchase the Transformers: Takara series on Video and DVD from Play.com