Seibertron spoiler review of FCBD TF | Newsarama 5-page Stormbringer preview!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://seibertron.com/energonpub/viewto ... ?p=1445498

I repeat: spoilers.

Stormbringer sounds fresh -- it's not a War Within style Cybertron story from these indications. Hearts of Steel, meanwhile, sounds much more interesting than I was anticipating. Quite excited.

edit:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69310

Interview and preview (which I'm guessing is the same five pages as in the Free Comic Book Day issue, so already-established fans can leave some copies for people who are new to collecting...)
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Thanks for the tip!
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Technobots = :)

Skyfire = :(
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Ozz
Skyfire = :(
I wonder if he's addressed with that name, or if reviewer is a cartoon fan. Hard to understand why they'd use Skyfire name.

Someone in USA care to pick me a copy?
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

This Transformers elseworlds series could lead anywhere, maybe inspire new toylines, bring in new more memorable characters, alter our perception of Transformers. I hope people are open minded about it.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
DCJosh
Protoform

Post by DCJosh »

Originally posted by Osku
I wonder if he's addressed with that name, or if reviewer is a cartoon fan. Hard to understand why they'd use Skyfire name.

he's referred to as Jetfire in the script so....?
*shrug*:P
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by DCJosh
he's referred to as Jetfire in the script
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Eeexxcellent. [/Burns]

Welcome aboard, Josh. :)
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Positive thinking actually working? :)
Simonf123

FCBD signing

Post by Simonf123 »

Hi one and all,

If anyone's in the Banbury area on Free Comic Book Day (May 6th), I'll be signing copies of the Transformers comic at Comic Connections, 4 Parsons Street, Banbury (UK), from about noon onwards. For more info call: 01295 268989.

Cheers--

--Simon Furman
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nifty. :)

Possible bad news for most people in the UK after FCBD comics...
the 38 Diamond UK accounts that are participating are Paradox 17 in Poole, Imagination Station in Carlisle, Sheffield Space Centre in Sheffield, Comix Shoppe in Swansea, Central City Comics in Ipswich, Forbidden Planet in Glasgow, Krackers in Taunton, Calamity Comics in Harrow and Watford, Magic Labyrinth in Leicester, Abstract Sprockets in Norwich, Chaos City in St Albans, Off World in Whitley Bay, Comic Connection in Banbury, Batcave in Blackburn, Travelling Man in York, Newcastle, Manchester and Nottingham, A Place In Space in Croydon, Too Fat Goblinz in Croydon, Millenium Comics in Northwich, Asylum Books & Games in Aberdeen, Ace Comics in Colchester, Bounty Hunters in West Kirby, Comix-Shop.co.uk in Berkshire, OK Comics in Leeds, Cardiff's Comics Guru Presents in, well, Cardiff, Close Encounters in Bendford, Comic Culture in Lincoln, The Astral Gypsy in Coventry, Destination Venus in Harrogate and Woodbine Art Limited in Brackley.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/colum ... ticle=2443

I'd have thought Forbidden Planet in Birmingham would've been large enough.
Ford DeceptiFocus
Protoform

Re: FCBD signing

Post by Ford DeceptiFocus »

Originally posted by Simonf123
Hi one and all,

If anyone's in the Banbury area on Free Comic Book Day (May 6th), I'll be signing copies of the Transformers comic at Comic Connections, 4 Parsons Street, Banbury (UK), from about noon onwards. For more info call: 01295 268989.

Cheers--

--Simon Furman

Simon, you should make a little jaunt to Los Angeles & sign at Comic, Inc. :) That way I'd only have to travel 5 minutes from my house.
Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Denyer
Imagination Station in Carlisle,

Yay, free stuff for me *ahem* Uhm, I mean I'll be supporting my local comic store my making sure I purchase something on the day & not leeching yet another Hero Clix figure off him...

I need a Wolverine to go with Hulk & Batman

Oh and welcome to these shores Simon :)
Denyer

Courtesy of lastonestanding...

Post by Denyer »

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69310

Preview + interview. Which I shall go and read myself in a minute...
SPOILER! (select to read)
In Cybertron’s past, both the Autobots and Decepticons were guilty of not listening to a lone voice of reason, and by ignoring it that voice of reason turned into a menace of truly epic, staggering proportions, one that pretty much eclipsed the entire civil war (and forced an alliance of sorts). It’s about why currently the Autobots and Decepticons are spread out across the galaxy, fighting pocket wars for possession of planets and their resources.
Unicron is something we may never get to (though don’t hold me to that). In my opinion, he’s been overused. But I certainly wouldn’t rule out a few ‘associated’ characters in due course.
Ehhh. :)

All sounds very promising.
Aardvark

Sorry for all the spoiler tags but I don't want to eh... spoil anything...

Post by Aardvark »

Wowzers. Thanks for the update, really interesting stuff in there, though I’ve been desperately trying ignore Stormbringer spoilers I couldn’t resist. ):
It’s about why currently the Autobots and Decepticons are spread out across the galaxy, fighting pocket wars for possession of planets and their resources.

I was hoping he'd take it in that direction
No new characters, no, but a fairly dramatic re-imagining of Thunderwing, who’s our big bad for the series. And in re-imagining Thunderwing, we also take one of the maybe sillier concepts (Pretenders) and try and turn it into something that has real weight and substance.
Thank God. I’ve been jabbering on about that for some time and I’m so goopily (Its not a word) happy to hear it. Sounds pretty darn nifty so far. Oh I'm getting far too hopeful, if its bad the let down will be crushing:(
SF: No. Unicron is something we may never get to (though don’t hold me to that). In my opinion, he’s been overused. But I certainly wouldn’t rule out a few ‘associated’ characters in due course.
Yep, by you:p
And key to it all... Shockwave. More on him soon.
He did in
mug
(man I feel so dirty inside putting a spoiler over that) form. Well that could be the best or most god awful thing to happen to the IDW series thus far.

Stormbringer really has got my juices flowing.
-Alex???
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Their server's ailing... the original images were ~400Kb each...

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Repticon
Protoform

Post by Repticon »

¿Razorclaw? ¿Trypticon? ¿Will they appear in their Cybertronian forms a la War Within?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Dunno. This is one of those wait-and-see things. :)
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I hope Furman will be handling the combiners in the same way he said he’s going to be handling the pretenders. I'm praying that the technobots cannot combine initially. Also it would make more sense for the supposedly uber high tech technobots to be the first combiner and not the bobthebuildercons. Plus they don't need to come up with new alt modes which is makes things more convenient
-Alex???
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Read the preview and interview by Furman.

Now this. This is what I've been waiting for.

Thumbs up on the four-issue story structure.

No Unicron! That in itself is good enough reason to buy every cover to this sucker.

Notice the Don's DWish spin to the art, very reminiscent of The War Within stories. Inking is much better though.

The cast is very exciting, as lesser used characters will be getting the spotlight, and old favorites like Jetfire and Thunderwing will move to the forefront again. And what's a story without Shockers these days, right? RIGHT? Anyone?....hello?

No lowly humans, something that will make many a TF fan happy, myself included.

My only concern is the same concern I had with the War Within stories- the fear of Furmanish dialogue, what I refer to as Furmanese.

Furmanese is an English dialect that includes many "oh" statements at the beginnning of much of the dialogue, many unnecessary grunt noises, and an overzealous use of many human based euphanisms, sayings, etc, like "spilling blood", "lock and load", etc. that have no place in the dialogue of warring robots from another world. Throwing in the occassional use of terms like "vorns" doesn't make up for phrases that absolutely have human social life as its basis.

Having said that, looking forward to Stormbringer with eager anticipation. Can't wait.