Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Spiderman
Protoform

New Universe toys

Post by Spiderman »

Hasbro posted two new pics of Transformers Universe toys. Check 'em out here
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Thats definetly a Cyberjet from the Generation 2 line. Not sure about the other vehicle tough.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Edited the title.

Space Case is a G2 Cyberjet repaint.

Soundwave is one of the Predators. Can't remember which one.

I like 'em.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Soundwave is a repaint of Machine Wars Soundwave which was in turn a repaint of G2 Europe's Stalker. The MW Soundwave paintjob looks to be the best of the three.

Excellent to have it confirmed that they'll be rereleasing the G2 Cyberjets molds. Honestly among the best TF molds ever created.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Not sure if I like the colors. I liked Space Case's original ones.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

ok. making megatron a tank is one thing, and to me it makes perfect sense, but soundwave as some kind of track truck? i think they just didn't want to search for a new name... Space case is cool, and looks like cyclonus.
Come on and wind me up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Soundwave's already been a NASCAR racer, a tank [the exact same one, as pointed out above] and a bat. Amusingly, he's been each of those the same amount of times as he's been a microcassette player, and one time each more than he's been a tapedeck.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

I really like the Cyberjet thingie.
The Dark Optimus Prime
Protoform

Post by The Dark Optimus Prime »

Now, i might have to go get the soundwave toy just for the sake of soundwave, but to me, the colors are too bright for a soundwave toy, now is that just me being crazy or does that make sense to people?
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Soundwave's already been a NASCAR racer, a tank [the exact same one, as pointed out above] and a bat. Amusingly, he's been each of those the same amount of times as he's been a microcassette player, and one time each more than he's been a tapedeck.

Blah blah blah... the name SOUNDWAVE seems to imply the stereo equipment on which the original toy was based and deviations such as a tank, a NASCAR or bat really deserve different names.
Can't hasbro liscense a few new names for these things and give us a soundwave that somewhat represents sound reproduction devices?
Optimus Prime has been a firetruck once and a semi truck four times...Hasbro pretty much sticking to formula there....
... still like the new soundwave vehical, just wish it was named something else.
Come on and wind me up.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Blah blah blah... the name SOUNDWAVE seems to imply the stereo equipment on which the original toy was based and deviations such as a tank, a NASCAR or bat really deserve different names.
Can't hasbro liscense a few new names for these things and give us a soundwave that somewhat represents sound reproduction devices?
Optimus Prime has been a firetruck once and a semi truck four times...Hasbro pretty much sticking to formula there....
... still like the new soundwave vehical, just wish it was named something else.

Sadly, when you get right down to it, it's all about copyrights to these people.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Blah blah blah... the name SOUNDWAVE seems to imply the stereo equipment on which the original toy was based
Yeah, just like the name "Convoy" implies a truck, but that didn't stop the Japanese from giving that name to a monkey and a lion. ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Megatron's only been a gun once, and a space cannon (Galvatron) tank (G2) tank (Hero Megatron) car (G2) plane (MW) but people don't bring that up every five seconds, do they?

I've always figured the original Soundwave's Cybertron alt mode was the Machine Wars one. Always rather liked that mould. Not very keen on the latest colours for it, though.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I rest my case, naming a monkey Convoy makes as much sense as naming a track truck Soundwave.
Come on and wind me up.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

the Name "Megatron" doesn't imply any particular alt mode because the word is made up, "Soundwave" does indeed have conotations of some type of sound device more than a truck, race car or bat. Yes Yes, I know I'm gonna get schooled on how bats use sonar to find prey, and i'm a little more forgiving on that than a track truck.
Come on and wind me up.
Spiderman
Protoform

Agree

Post by Spiderman »

I rest my case, naming a monkey Convoy makes as much sense as naming a track truck Soundwave.

Agreed.
Zizicez
Protoform

Post by Zizicez »

You guys sound like a much of FANBOYS!!!!

:nonono:

No one said that big Acsessory isnt some kind of sound device

in fact i always asumed it was when i was little and played with my MW Soundwave
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Zizicez
No one said that big Acsessory isnt some kind of sound device
It's a scanning device, which I doubt they've changed from the G2 toy. It has a small schematic diagram of Rotorstorm if you look through a panel on it.
the Name "Megatron" doesn't imply any particular alt mode because the word is made up
It's hardly made up. It's "megaton" with an 'r' in it because Tron was a popular movie.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

-From Homer3 , The Simpsons:
Bart: What's it like in there?
Homer: Did anyone see that movie "Tron"
Marge: No
Dr. Hibert: No
Chief Wiggam: No, I mean yes, I mean, no.
Come on and wind me up.
Sideswipe

Post by Sideswipe »

I love the C.Jets!!

It sgouyld have been called Cyclonus, but meh.

Incidentally, wasn't hiw whole forearm the rocket launcher, not just strapped underneath.

Ill get this just for the sake of Space Case