Baby Pictures!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Baby Pictures!

Post by inflatable dalek »

A no doubt Very Silly idea for a thread, but having gone been scanning some pictures from my Mother's "Big Shoebox Full of Photos That Seem to Not Include Any With My Dad Actually In Them" as my brother wanted some specific ones, I got some lovely old retro ones of my as a baby celebrating my first Christmas in 1981 (I may not look like I'm celebrating, but I am), plus a couple from a few years later.

So for fun I thought I'd share some here as well. Also because the scanning was dull and monotonous work (we seem to have used a size of picture the scanner doesn't have as standard meaning lots of cropping) so I am determined to share far and wide.

So do any of you good people have cute pictures of yourself as vomiting and shitting little babies and/or small children?

No, my Grandad is not Swiss Toni.

Scary fact: I know exactly where some of the paintings in these pictures are right now, but have no idea about what became of two of the relatives seen with me.
Attachments
Alex and Me, Seven Valley Railway December 1987.jpg
Me amd Mum, April 1982.jpg
New Years Day 1982 Me, Mum, Grandma and Aunty Lisa.jpg
Christmas Day 1981 Me, Aunty Janet, Nan, Grandad.jpg
Christmas Day 1891 Stuart and Grandad.jpg
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Ha! Brilliant. Sadly, I don't think I've any photos of me from when I was little (I predate cameras and most modern media :p ). I wonder what made brown such a fashionable colour in the '70s / early '80s? I remember we had a horrible brown sofa that looked like the world's biggest turd, and some nightmareish towels that were all kinds of swirly brown vulgarity.

Your aunty janet is a fox.

and your grandad is definitely swiss toni!
inflatable dalek

I think the world just goes brown after 30 years.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Reminds me of the fabled couch everyone has owned (except for Hound, who just HAAAAS to be different, pffft :p ).

I'm not posting a picture. I can tell you I was the fattest baby I've ever seen, though. I was so, so fat. :lol:
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I was actually just scolding my mother yesterday for practically never showing me any of my own baby pictures, something I never realized until she started bugging me for pictures of our little guy. Then I was all "...wait a minute!"

I think the only one I've ever seen was from when I was about two, unloading cans and jars from the pantry in the kitchen.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Warcry wrote:I think the only one I've ever seen was from when I was about two, unloading cans and jars from the pantry in the kitchen.
Is this your way of saying you were used as slave labour when you were a toddler?
Hound

Post by Hound »

I was first born so there are dozens and dozens of pictures of me when I was a baby. I'd show you all some but they're all back home in the US and well out of reach for me.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Here's me back in 1986 getting the Stunticons and Ultra Magnus, whoo. Also, the dog is photobombing me back before that was a thing.
Attachments
me.jpg
inflatable dalek

I'm beginning to suspect Clay is the only one out of the lot of you who is actually human.
Sades wrote:Reminds me of the fabled couch everyone has owned (except for Hound, who just HAAAAS to be different, pffft :p ).
Must be a Canadian thing, you probably only had one settee in the entire country and had to share it.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:I'm beginning to suspect Clay is the only one out of the lot of you who is actually human.
Common knowledge that I'm just a standard algorithm spewing out snide bullshit masquerading as humour.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Darn. I was hoping more people would comment yes/no on the couch thing. Too small a sample of people here to confirm or deny the "couch myth", but what the hey, it was for the funsies.

I'm just gonna assume that everyone owned it, and the ones who say they didn't are filthy, filthy liars. :p

I went looking through the family photo albums looking for a picture of "the couch", instead found what is probably my absolute favourite photo of me and my dad. Sooo whatthehell.jpg here you go, thread.

Edit: Bonus shot of the small one's Santa photo.
Attachments
SANTAAA.jpg
tehbebeh.JPG
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

I've seen fater babies.

You daughter really does look older than two.

Though why you're making her work as a department store Santa I don't know.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Baby Sades is adorbs.

And Sades' baby seems very tall for her age?
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:
Though why you're making her work as a department store Santa I don't know.
She's been freeloading for two years, time for her to get a job! Plus, y'know, what else is a(n estimated, IDK) six foot tall two year old with a great white beard gonna do?

She's very tall, yes.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Aww cuteness.

We did not own that sofa. After the big poo brown one, we got a rubbish blue sofa bed that was so soft that when my dad sat on it, he might as well have been sitting on the floor. Fun Fact : Our rabbit used to poo all over this.

Think we had some passable biege efforts for living room furniture after that when we moved. My sister used to shove discarded sweet wrappers and apple cores down the sides of the arms and this all used to fall into the base of the chair. My dad cleaned it out and filled two garden sacks full of crap that she'd shoved down there over the years.

...I make us sound like a right bunch of filth bags. My sister was just a greb when she was younger. I was a nice tidy boy.
inflatable dalek

I think we need to see pictures of Skyquake's relatives so I can decide how hot they are.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Plot twist: His avatar is actually his baby photo.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...shhh you'll give the game away, Sades.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skyquake87 wrote:...shhh you'll give the game away, Sades.
Your cover is blown! And you'd been doing such a good job of not ending every sentence with "...yes?", too!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Hrm. Use that face a lot at work, right?