The New Deadpool Ongoing

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Blaster

The New Deadpool Ongoing

Post by Blaster »

Anyone else following this? I am actually really enjoying it and apparently so is everyone else as both print runs for the first two issues sold out.

:clap:
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

I've only just finished collecting the cable-deadpool tpbs. i want to catch up with the MU and all this secret invasion jazz before i start collecting the new series. besides i'll probably end up getting it in tpb anyway and use the time to collect the deadpool classic volumes.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Prowl1984 wrote: use the time to collect the deadpool classic volumes.
How many of those are out now? I've only found the first one.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

There's only one so far.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Ozz wrote:There's only one so far.
Asshole got my hopes up when he used the plural. =|
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

It was a lot better than I expected. I really didn't enjoy how Way wrote him in Wolverine Origins, but the first three issues have been great.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Transfannabeel wrote:It was a lot better than I expected. I really didn't enjoy how Way wrote him in Wolverine Origins, but the first three issues have been great.
Aslong as he does two things this run will be a major success.

1. Only uses Pool'o'vision once or twice at most per issue.

It's an interesting way to do things and rather fun BUT will get boring fast.

2. Focus more on Deadpool's crazy smart not his crazy for the sake of crazy. What makes Deadpool so awesome is the fact you think he's bat shit ****ing insane, but he's really quite smart. So far I think he's playing him as dumb lucky. He got it right in the Wolverine arc, he needs to go back to that.