Not-Robots in Disguise 38.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Not-Robots in Disguise 38.

Post by inflatable dalek »

So, pretty much business as usual here. The good stuff (Soundwave, Galvatron, Thundercracker) was really good, whilst the dodgy stuff (The enigma bollocks, Spike, Blackrock reacting to giant robots trying to kill him like no person ever would) was a bit dodgy.

However, the Prowl stuff I actually quite liked this time, mainly because it's finally flat out admitted he's as nutty as squirrel poo.

However, whilst the Soundwave scene was lovely, I'm not sure we're in a good place when we have a comic where he's doing a better job of saving the day and protecting humanity than the Autobots. And everyone was outfoxed by that fiendish thinker... Scoop?! Hmm.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I'm disappointed we didn't get a throw-back to Spotlight: Ramjet with the drones revealing they part of his fiendishly brilliant non-linear plan.

Then again, I was also hoping the drones would reach the Enigma and we'd be treated to a series of panels of Ramjet drones trying to work through the evil genius monologue while being dispatched in different ways by Galvatron.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

inflatable dalek wrote:Blackrock reacting to giant robots trying to kill him like no person ever would) was a bit dodgy.
Blackrock's whole Tony Stark Lite persona is really kind of getting on my nerves. Just once, I'd like to see a tech billionaire be a little more Gates than Jobs, if only because it'd be something different.
However, the Prowl stuff I actually quite liked this time, mainly because it's finally flat out admitted he's as nutty as squirrel poo.
So, having just attempted to get caught up on everything post-Escalation, am I to assume that there's a bit of Scrapper lurking in the gestalt identity? 'Cause that's either quite good, or the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Haven't decided yet.

Having only just gotten caught up on RiD, it's nice to see something more out of Ramjet and Thrust. Rather wondered why bits of Cybertronian tech just laying around was never addressed in the last, what, eight years?