Year of the Goat Optimus Prime!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Warcry

Year of the Goat Optimus Prime!

Post by Warcry »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... me-181359/

These "year of" Primes are getting stranger every year. It's a shame that they went to the trouble of dusting off the Laser Prime mold just to make this, though.

[EDIT]Soundwave too: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ve-181360/. Because that's what you do to an MP mold, apparently...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Yes, and as the Hasbro version of Soundwave was previously so difficult to find and commands a high markup on the secondary market, clearly releasing this thing is the best way to address that. Way to go, Hasbro!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Soooo uglehhh

What is the appeal of this clear plastic crap? Seriously.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
numbat

Post by numbat »

Wow - those look remarkably awful!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Meh. Want to see the cassettes in robot modes though.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Warcry wrote: It's a shame that they went to the trouble of dusting off the Laser Prime mold just to make this, though.
Which is a shame as I'd probably bite on a chrome-heavy Movie-scheme Laser Prime. Takara's repaints are getting more random every year I swear.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Yeah, those things are so very 'what the hell?'.
I'm honestly surprised Hasbro didn't decide to stick their release Ratbat in this set. Glad they didn't, but still surprised.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

One, these things look horrible.

Two, how do the two of them have any significance to the Year of the Goat? I mean, Year of the Dragon Optimus Prime has his trailer decked out in Chinese Dragon symbols. This is just ugly. We could've had tanker Optimus decked out with angry goat skulls or the like, but no, we get these clear plastic shits.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Goats are ugly and weird looking.