• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2012-10-29, 06:05 AM   #1
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US
Red face In SOS Dinobots, Starscream declares himself leader after Megatron trips.

Like, literally. Megatron fell over, Starscream field promoted himself, and then got shot down by Grimlock.

What the hell.

tahukanuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:04 AM   #2
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I always love how completely indifferent the rest of the Decepticons always are whenever he goes for it - you have to wonder why Starscream was Hell-bent on leading a bunch of people who don't actually seem to like him. At all. Clearly some approval issues on the boy.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:13 AM   #3
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

They went along with the powershare thing that made half of them joint leader and a baseball coach tactical advisor easily enough as well, I just think after a few million years of Megatron their brains just sort of tuned out.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 09:49 AM   #4
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
They went along with the powershare thing that made half of them joint leader and a baseball coach tactical advisor easily enough as well
I always love the way Tank Idiot and Train Guy declare themselves leaders of the Decepticons and then go off and basically do solo projects anyway. Sod Carnage in C-Minor, Triple Takeover is Transformers' Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Old 2012-10-29, 09:59 AM   #5
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

If they'd gone through with the deal with the Constructicons and Starscream would it have been four joint leaders (with Devastator) or 9 (with all the separate limbs)?

Old 2012-10-29, 05:11 PM   #6
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Starscream sure liked to jump the gun, didn't he?

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 11:58 PM   #7
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US

^Ha!

Honestly, Starscream's once-an-episode antics are one of the better parts of the show. Especially the Bruticus episodes where he does more damage to the Decepticons than the Autobots ever have.

In revenge for being marooned on an island.

tahukanuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:53 AM   #8
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I love how Megatron, in back to back episodes, first maroons a fighter jet on an island than a space shuttle on an asteroid. Top-rate tactical thinking there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
If they'd gone through with the deal with the Constructicons and Starscream would it have been four joint leaders (with Devastator) or 9 (with all the separate limbs)?
Surely at that point it'd be easier to just say "screw it", become a democracy and let each Decepticon take turns coming up with idiotic plans?

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 08:44 AM   #9
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I love how Megatron, in back to back episodes, first maroons a fighter jet on an island than a space shuttle on an asteroid. Top-rate tactical thinking there.
I think it's just meant to be the Decepticon equivalent of the naughty step.

Old 2012-10-30, 08:57 AM   #10
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

Starscream is actually kind of awesome in those two episodes isn't he? Builds the sort of troops that took an entire two parter to make before in about three minutes, almost takes out the Decepticons, then almost destroys Earth (before pulling out a quasi-victory for the bad guys by ensuing Bruticus survives). It's hard not to see an argument for him being full time leader based on that.

Old 2012-10-30, 09:24 AM   #11
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

He also shoots Megatron and randomly declares himself leader without checking if the old one's dead, gets ridden like a pony by Shockwave, pisses off Bruticus and gets shoved out of the way (remember, the Combaticons aren't working for him for most of Revenge of Bruticus) and ends up begging for his life after rapidly getting out of his depth. If anything the two-parter is basically an essay for why not - he's completely incapable of thinking ahead in regards to the consequences of his actions, the other Decepticons don't like him, he blames everyone but himself when things go tits up, is rapidly superceded by Onslaught's team and spends much of the second half throwing himself on any mercy going.

Yeh, Megatron sucked that badly too but he could at least beat Starscream up at will and command some sort of basic respect from his troops half the time.

Old 2012-10-30, 09:28 AM   #12
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

At least he tried to kill Megatron rather than exiling him to...err... some place it's really easy for a Walther P38 to get out of.

Old 2012-10-30, 11:22 AM   #13
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

An angry cowboy's holster?

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 02:46 AM   #14
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

I think my favourite Starscream-centric episode is Starscream's Brigade.

Starscream: "You like Shockwave better than me!" *shoots Megatron* "I'm leader now!"

Megatron recovers, Starscream tries to get everyone to kill him and they're all like "No... and didn't we do this last week?"

I like how he basically slaps the Combaticons together like snowmen, puts their "programs" or whatever the hell they're called into them, and they magically become Transformers. The Combaticons are the Transformers equivalent of Frosty the Snowman.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 03:26 AM   #15
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
I like how he basically slaps the Combaticons together like snowmen, puts their "programs" or whatever the hell they're called into them, and they magically become Transformers. The Combaticons are the Transformers equivalent of Frosty the Snowman.
And how is that different then, say, the Technobots (other then that no one cares about the Technobots)?

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 03:34 AM   #16
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Question

I never said it was? Fail to see the point in the question, tbh.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Old 2012-10-31, 03:54 AM   #17
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
I never said it was? Fail to see the point in the question, tbh.
Ack. The rest didn't post. -.- I forgot what the rest of that post was already. Sorry.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 04:07 AM   #18
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

Thumbs up

Ahh, s'cool- I was just a touch confused by it is all.

Old 2012-10-31, 07:42 AM   #19
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I like Starscream's Brigade but mainly for two other bits: -

- The phrase "Jazz and Cliffjumper" is in just about every line, like it's a meme or something.
- When Megatron attacks the Ark Prime appeals to his reason. For once it works. At which point Prime shoots him in the face.

Old 2012-10-31, 08:25 AM   #20
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Smile

It's also the first in a series of endless (well, two. Three if you count his tomb) crap optimus Prime statues as well.

You'd probably be pissed if you'd made the effort to go to that unveiling. All excited about meeting one of the famous Autobots like Optimus Prime or Bumblebee and all you get is Jazz and Cliffjumper.