• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2010-07-02, 05:57 AM   #241
burnitall
Triple Changer

Washington

Ah, a shockwave after emptying the shotgun would buy you time, hunh? I always forget about the LB button.

burnitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 09:32 AM   #242
Shield Strike
Powermaster

Yam Yam Land

I'm finding the Soldiers Whirlwind ability a big help. Usually get a few kills from that per round. It seems a little cheap to me but ho hum.

I also tend to get whacked to by cloaked Scouts far too often, not good........

As for the campaign I've done the Decepticon side of things on Hard, working through the Autobots now, good fun!

Shield Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 10:13 AM   #243
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Guardian review of the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...bertron-review

Seems fair enough from where I'm sat.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 07:51 AM   #244
Meantime
Protoform

This game doesn't have any of the triple changers or cities or headmasters or combiners as playable characters. such a shame, wasted potential.

But the animation and movies are kickass, and i like playing as Dirge and cyclouns.

Meantime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 09:50 PM   #245
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

They showed Soundwave to be somewhat of a triplechanger, In "Kaon Prision Break" when you reach the boss fight, it cuts to a scene of Soundwave in a tapedeck/box form before he transforms. Not playable... but there is a triplechanger! lol

And we got a city-bot, Trypticon... just not playable. If we had gotten to play as Trypticon it would have just degenerated into a Godzilla-like side game... could be fun though.

Catalyst Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 02:35 PM   #246
electro girl
Tall child, holding a beer.

Robot Republic of Yorkshire.

IGN gave the Wii version 3.5. Gutted just gutted.

DS it is then!

electro girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 04:20 PM   #247
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meantime View Post
This game doesn't have any of the triple changers or cities or headmasters or combiners as playable characters. such a shame, wasted potential.

But the animation and movies are kickass, and i like playing as Dirge and cyclouns.
Me'thinks you are asking to much of a prequel game that's set back before most, if not all, of that existed in G1.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 08:22 PM   #248
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

Anyone else feel that the ending credits music is some of the worst crap they've ever heard?

Got all my classes in multiplayer to lvl 6+ last night. Got Scientist to 9 almost 10. Scout has become the least played among me and my friends.

Old 2010-07-04, 08:32 PM   #249
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst Dragon View Post
Anyone else feel that the ending credits music is some of the worst crap they've ever heard?

Got all my classes in multiplayer to lvl 6+ last night. Got Scientist to 9 almost 10. Scout has become the least played among me and my friends.
"Ground Zero" was pretty good when it came out in '97 for BotCon. After 9/11 it was remade into a "Transformers" theme, with many of the lyrics clumsily changed - the result is pretty bad, unfortunately.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 05:04 AM   #250
NightHawk
Psychiotic brutality

The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro girl View Post
IGN gave the Wii version 3.5. Gutted just gutted.

DS it is then!
Yeah the Wii version is really more of a rail shooter (Meaning your characters walks on his own on a predetermined path and all you have to do is to aim and shoot) Which is a shame compared to the other versions, even the DS version you can transform freely and go where ever you want to go.

NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 10:52 PM   #251
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

If you get the Decepticon version for DS you can go to the Hasbro site and get a code to unlock Ramjet.

I got the Decepticon version of the Rotf game...it was short, but still made better than the xbox one.

How is it that Nintendo does so well on the DS version of a game but so bad on their Wii versions?

Old 2010-07-06, 03:15 AM   #252
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Well, just played multi-player for the first time.. and.. people ENJOY this? The level discrepancy is a killer, if you're starting out and anything above a level 10 shows up, just log off, it ain't gonna be worth it. Also, sadly, the PC-bois are cheating already (lots of weapon cheats). *sigh*

Honestly it's not a fault of the game itself, though there should be SOME sort of level screening involved. The game's definately on the tougher side in multi-player even without the issues, but it's interesting enough that I stuck with it for a bit.

Basically, if you're starting out, you're probably going to get screwed hard, particularly since most players seem able to one-shot kill you without sniping or anything unusual. If you manage to get a couple of levels under your belt, you can start getting a decent play time.. but.. jeeze, definatley not for beginners.

Old 2010-07-06, 03:33 AM   #253
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

Don't know about the pc version but in the xbox version you get extra xp for defeating higher lvl opponents. The bonus is called "Dark Horse" i think...

My highest lvl is an 8(Scientist), and though I constantly find myself in groups of lvl 15's and 30's, I don't find myself getting killed significantly more than anyone else. Last night I was playing my scout,(at lvl 3) and I know there were at least 4 lvl 20+ scouts in the game, and I came out with the most kills. (and got my scout from lvl 3 to lvl 7 in one match)

However I absolutly suck at shooters on PC, so if i was playing on my comp. I'd probably be chunking figures at the wall in frustration.

Old 2010-07-06, 03:39 AM   #254
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

I did okay, I focused on scout and got from 0 to 6th level. (My soldier fared far more poorly, only getting to first level in a single match). Each match was I was in was pretty much completely dominated by a single level 25 player... but it did feel real good taking him out with sniping a few times.

Anyway, speaking of this... anyone know what the body-type names are for Jazz (scout) and Demolishor (soldier)? I wanted to get a list of this stuff since I'm considering a similar approach to a pRPG I was considering.

Old 2010-07-06, 07:12 AM   #255
Blaster
This used to mean something.

Vancouver.

Quote:
How is it that Nintendo does so well on the DS version of a game but so bad on their Wii versions?
Game design. People designing for the Wii feel that they need to design with the motion controls in mind, forgetting that the Wii is backwards compatible with the GC controllers. Because the Wii-mote offers less buttons for actions and is far harder to integrate controls from other platforms into. This goes back to why 3rd party games for the Wii are terrible.

The DS uses a standard controller lay out and thus is far easier to design for.

Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:53 PM   #256
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Game design. People designing for the Wii feel that they need to design with the motion controls in mind, forgetting that the Wii is backwards compatible with the GC controllers.
No. People designing for the Wii that are not Nintendo must design for the motion controllers (unless they make specific agreements for other controllers, which then generally have to be included again).

Old 2010-07-06, 04:19 PM   #257
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFVanguard View Post
Anyway, speaking of this... anyone know what the body-type names are for Jazz (scout) and Demolishor (soldier)? I wanted to get a list of this stuff since I'm considering a similar approach to a pRPG I was considering.
I don't know about those two...How do you get Jazz anyway?

I know two of the scout classes are Runner(Bumblebee), and Enforcer(Barricade)

The Scientists are: Interceptor(My favorite), Air Defender, and SkyRaider... and Seeker.

I've been working on a tabletop Transformers Rpg(That uses figures as game pieces) for a while now, I've been considering using the weapon stats from the game for mine.

Old 2010-07-06, 06:57 PM   #258
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

Quote:
I don't know about those two...How do you get Jazz anyway?
With preorder of the game from Best Buy, or buy the code off of eBay. For now and as far as the Xbox is concerned anyway.

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 07:29 PM   #259
Catalyst Dragon
Shimatta!

Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sades View Post
With preorder of the game from Best Buy, or buy the code off of eBay. For now and as far as the Xbox is concerned anyway.
Damn, well that probably means I'll never get him then... too bad. I wouldn't mind having him either, Jazz has always been one of my favs.

Old 2010-07-06, 07:38 PM   #260
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Smile

It will most likely be offered as downloadable content for Microsoft Points at a later date as well.

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote