• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2009-05-29, 09:58 PM   #1001
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

And I notice Toys R Us UK site has the same figures up as Play, but with slightly higher price tags, and postage...

So, we can guess how many folks will be ordering there...

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 01:29 AM   #1002
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

So I've avoided this thread completely until now, because I wanted to actually see the toys for the first time when they hit the shelves. My Target got them in today and I am absolutely... underwhelmed.

I haven't looked back to see what future waves hold, but this wave looks awful! The packaging is bland, most of the decent toys are just retools and repaints of the first movie line, and the new stuff really looks horrible in my opinion. What's with all the unicycles? Chromia's got great potential, but she's got no legs! Demolishor is arms on a wheel. Wheelie's packaged in robot mode, and that doesn't do him any favors.

I'm really disappointed here. I was stoked to hear that they were out today, but I honestly walked away without buying a single thing. On the plus side, it might be easier to stick to our budget this summer. Here's hoping some of the future toys look better!

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 01:47 AM   #1003
Sunstreaker2
It's a Gundam!

Trumbauersville, PA

I got my first two figures, Skids and Rampage!

Man, Rampage is a BITCH to put back into vehicle mode...

Sunstreaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 01:49 AM   #1004
BlacknRedTed
Dinobot

Man, I found these guys to day and my local TRU and wal-mart to. TRU was just putting them out on shelfes, and I was so happy to see they had alot of everything going out on. At walmart, all there stuff was out in full force, and I am happy to say that the price has went down a dollar for the deluxes. They where only $11.88, and that is better then $12.99, and they had rampage, soundwave, BB, sideways, sideswipe, breakaway, and I think a few others. Voyagers they had was, the red constructicon( the unicycle bot), SS, and another one. They also had the leader prime and megatron, so I cant wait to pick up more.

BlacknRedTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 07:55 AM   #1005
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Our Target in Fort Smith got them too. Underwhelmed too. NO Superion Maximus at all, the promised Target exclusive. And I pretty much feel disappointed that the employee wasn't sure what was going on either. He understood how I felt, if it is promised it SHOULD be there. Maybe another week or two, fingers crossed.

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 10:17 AM   #1006
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer007 View Post
NO Superion Maximus at all, the promised Target exclusive.
Funny, he seems to be available freely in the UK... And that's the one I'm underwhelmed with!

I am loving the new designs, and can't wait to get my Demolishor and Sideswipe through the post (happy to wait a few days more for a better price! Good ol' Play.com...).

I may see if my local supermarket has the Legends out yet, though - they've had the marketing materials on the shelves and tickets for weeks. They have to appear sometime!

Old 2009-05-30, 10:51 AM   #1007
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Got them 3 days ago. So far have fifteen, and i agree, i'm really disappointed. I guess that's partly because 'm not a big Bayformers fan. Really, it seems all the ones i liked when i saw the leaked pictures are failing to meet my expectations.

Frankly, imo, the best figure i have now is Knock Out. I haz four.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 03:03 PM   #1008
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer007 View Post
Our Target in Fort Smith got them too. Underwhelmed too. NO Superion Maximus at all, the promised Target exclusive. And I pretty much feel disappointed that the employee wasn't sure what was going on either. He understood how I felt, if it is promised it SHOULD be there. Maybe another week or two, fingers crossed.
Was it "promised" to be out in the first wave, or just at some point? I haven't heard about them being out at any Targets.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 03:28 PM   #1009
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
Was it "promised" to be out in the first wave, or just at some point? I haven't heard about them being out at any Targets.
dunno. it was rumored mainly, but still am finding them on ebay somehow and amazon. guess i will have to roll up my sleeves and delve into their database more to see what's going on, or email the ebay and amazonians and see how the heck they got their hands on them lol.

Old 2009-05-30, 03:51 PM   #1010
electro girl
Tall child, holding a beer.

Robot Republic of Yorkshire.

http://www.seibertron.com/events/gal...p?event_id=119

So much stuff here it's impossible to list, some we've seen before others we havn't. There is also a bunch of Ani and Uni stuff aswell.

electro girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 10:32 PM   #1011
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

saw the toy i wanted through those botcon photos, thanks Electro. At least now I see the Target symbol and can use that as ammo now if I have to debate with the employees .

Old 2009-05-31, 12:48 AM   #1012
S_Windell
Dinobot

I thought to post this in "latest acquisitions" in the toy forum, but it seems the ball is already rolling here so...

Just got back from my Wal-Mart. Saw them. A handful of them at least. Only several characters but many of each of those. The Deluxes were BB (the only one packed in robot mode, which only served to focus on his horrible new face), Breakaway, Sideways, Sideswipe, Rampage. Voyagers of Ironhide, Demolisher, Starscream, and...Optimus Prime? (A voyager? I had no idea a voyager of OP was on the roster!) Sad that only roughly half of these are new characters. And one (Breakaway) most likely a non-movie character.

Oh, and the Fast Action Battlers too! (Or whatever they're called.)

So I had enough cash on hand to pick up two. Sideswipe I grabbed immediately before even sorting out how many I should pick up today. I had a REALLY hard time choosing a second one. Sideways I was interested in, but the most similar to Sideswipe which is why I passed on him. (Will probably get him later though.) Out of the rest, only Rampage and Jolt looked somewhat tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
So I've avoided this thread completely until now, because I wanted to actually see the toys for the first time when they hit the shelves. My Target got them in today and I am absolutely... underwhelmed.
Underwhelmed is the word! I remember this time in '07, the movie toys AND first run of Robot Heroes hit my stores at the same time. And I remember feeling pretty excited about it all. This time around it was "I finally have Sideswipe!" but that was it. One toy surely doesn't constitute an "event." As for quality, I've only really had time to roll him around on the table but he certainly doesn't have the "feel" the first movie figures had. In terms of looks and feel, I feel like I'm holding Universe Silverstreak all over again. Yes, he even has those wheels.

Haven't even transformed him yet (here's praying the robot mode is as awesome as the photo indicates) but his vehicle mode contains a whopping ONE paint app. (Two if you get technical and count the silver, of course.) On the tail lights. And this mostly seems done to accent the robot mode. No black on the grille, no red and white on the Corvette ribbon, nothing. (Cue premium series next year?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknRedTed View Post
At walmart, all there stuff was out in full force, and I am happy to say that the price has went down a dollar for the deluxes. They where only $11.88, and that is better then $12.99, and they had rampage, soundwave, BB, sideways, sideswipe, breakaway, and I think a few others. Voyagers they had was, the red constructicon( the unicycle bot), SS, and another one. They also had the leader prime and megatron, so I cant wait to pick up more.
I have no TrU in my area and wasn't able to make it to Target or anywhere else today. But I did hit Wal-Mart and the ROTF stuff certainly wasn't in full force here. But that's cool. I think I'll just live with Sideswipe and maybe decide to pick up a few more after seeing the movie. But the Legends class Constructicons I'm really keen on as well.

And, yeah, the price change was immediately noticed and a nice surprise.

BTW, if this is coming across as fan whinery, trust me, it's not! I'm not unhappy with Sideswipe. Despite his "cheap" feeling material and lack of paint apps, the car mode is not unattractive. And I display in robot mode anyway, I'm watching a few video reviews now, and his robot mode seems decent enough! I think he'll look good standing on the movie shelf. Now I'm off to transform him.

Edit: Back. The robot mode is sweet! Yeah, a bitch to stand at first but once you get him standing, it's pretty solid.

Last edited by S_Windell; 2009-05-31 at 01:07 AM.
S_Windell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 03:41 AM   #1013
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Picked up Knockout, Dead End and voyager Prime since I didn't grab him in the first movie.

. . .

Knockout is all right. Not really a fan of the fact that the panels on his legs just kinda pop off. Guess it's better than breaking, but I'm not a fan of stuff that pops off with little resistance. Especially in the smaller ones where a lot of stuff is going to pop off. However when you get him into either mode he's cool. I like that the tailpipe becomes a weapon. I keep wanting to call him Ransack because of this guy whom I really have to dig out of the garage wherever I put him . . .

Dead End has a lot of part rubbing during transformation. Like Knockout he's got two good modes.

Voyager Prime is the best one I picked up today. Wish I'd picked him up sooner, but then I wouldn't have had anything larger than a scout to pick up today. He's really cool.

There's not much I'm interested in picking up tbh. I want deluxe Dead End, Ravage and Swerve, and that's about the extent of it. They're decent figures. They just don't grab me all that much. Might grab a desert Brawl to use as Armorhide . . .

Looking at the checklist I might snag Scalpel, Ejector, Nightbeat and maybe a few others, but it looks like slim pickings for me tbh.

EDIT: Swerve too. Plan on grabbing him instead of Sideswipe since my autobots have a silver car because of Jazz.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2009-05-31 at 04:03 AM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 04:22 PM   #1014
Shield Strike
Powermaster

Yam Yam Land

Bought Sideways earlier. He's great overall and i'm a big fan of his alt mode. He's a bit tricky to stand in robot mode and his saw weapon thingy is a bit rubbish.

I'm happy with him though. Hoping to get Sideswipe later in the week and Rampage looks great. Might have to get him soon as well.

Shield Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 05:28 PM   #1015
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Well, in contrast to the experience folks seem to be having with the larger figures, I just picked up the first wave of ROTF Legends today.

Decent price as a bundle of 4 from Argos in the UK (12.99 set = 3.25GBP / figure - be warned, the first set they gave me was duff - two Springers and two Jetfires. Unwrap before you leave to check you get the set of four and not a load of doublers!). But only if you want all four. I knew I wanted three, and so took a chance with Springer.

I'm glad I did.

They're a huge improvement on the previous film's Legends figures - all of them at least equal with the best of the last Movie line.

The biggest disappointment is Prime. It's concerning that he's still miles better than the previous offering!

The rest are recommended!

(Bumbles probably offers the best film accurate robot mode, while I think Springer and Jetfire are joint most fun, with Jetfire winning overall for the superior robot mode articulation!)

The UK figures do not come with instructions on combing Prime and Jetfire. I will hold out on experimenting until I've seen the film. I'm quite glad, really. I'd rather not have the final look spoiled by a toy - I'd like to see that (and associated mass shifting...) in the cinema first!

Old 2009-05-31, 07:20 PM   #1016
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat View Post
The UK figures do not come with instructions on combing Prime and Jetfire. I will hold out on experimenting until I've seen the film. I'm quite glad, really. I'd rather not have the final look spoiled by a toy - I'd like to see that (and associated mass shifting...) in the cinema first!
The US cardbacks don't have instructions for it either, but it's not involved. Jetfire just slots into Prime's back, and that's about it.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 08:03 PM   #1017
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
The US cardbacks don't have instructions for it either, but it's not involved. Jetfire just slots into Prime's back, and that's about it.
Aye - I have done that. Exactly how you position Jetfires legs as cannons is what I am waiting to judge!

Although, I think at the end of the day it's just looking like Prime with a wee Blackbird stuck to his back...

Old 2009-06-01, 08:56 PM   #1018
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

I just picked up the new Leader class Optimus Prime figure yesterday, and he is sweet. Very movie accurate, though the figure is missing some paint apps to make him even more so (some of which I added myself).

Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 11:28 PM   #1019
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Micromaster

Chester, NJ

I just got Demolishor this afternoon. After fiddling with the parts for about an hour, I have concluded that it is indeed possible to reshape him into a torso whose shape is similar to that of the "Scavenger" component.

From vehicle mode, invert the wheel attachment panels on the rear of the vehicle, such that the holes are facing out (do not alter the panels of the head assembly). Detach the treads from the sides of the vehicle and rotate the red panels forward (the treads should still be facing out). Separate the two halves of the shovel, rotate them 180 degrees (make sure the head assembly remains unchanged from its position in vehicle mode; this is a bit tricky, but doable), and reconnect them; the shovel should now be positioned on the rear of the vehicle (you may have to unfold the shoulder assemblies to make them fit; they are the only part of the figure that I haven't been able to correctly position yet). Fold the shovel assembly against the rear of the vehicle, and position the wheel attachments to either side of the scoop (this completes the pelvic area). Finally, rotate the red panels on the front of the vehicle (the ones with the treads attached) so that they point straight up (the treads themselves should still be in their vehicle mode positions, relative to the red panels). Finally, Without moving any parts, stand the figure up so that the treads are on top. Devastator's torso is now complete.

it has enough attachment points to add both legs (the components that attach to the wheels in robot mode), both arms (the peg on the side of each tread and/or the parts that make up his shoulders, as well as the large pegs/holes on the side panels that the treads plug into in vehicle mode), and a head (underside of head assembly, the small notches on the side panels that hold the shoulders in place while in vehicle mode, the holes in the tread assemblies, a small notch in the chin), plus a potential connection point for a seventh piece (the folding panels of the head assembly, unchanged from their position in vehicle mode, and the small pegs on the side panels). Is there a way I can upload a digital photo of the figure for the purposes of supporting my claims?

I'll provide info on the possible component transformations for each of the other constructicons if/when I obtain them.

Xeno-the-Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 11:51 AM   #1020
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

May be old news now, but BBTS finally got the gestalt teams in, but sad part is they are over charging on them. I am glad I didn't pay that much in comparison, but they are there now, but this particular packaging says 25th anniversary whereas, some are rumored, to say RotF on the packaging. Weird. So they may not be an entirely Target exclusive. And apparently some stores are getting these as shelf warmer. WTF i say!

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...at-bbts/16062/