View Single Post
Old 2006-05-12, 10:42 AM   #1
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile IDW Beast Wars to have follow-up mini + profile book

People who've got #4 will already know this, but a bit of extra info courtesy of Ben Yee...

http://www.bwtf.com/forums/showpost....98&postcount=1
Quote:
Hi folks,

This project is still in the works and not due out for a bit, so I can't give the farm away. Just wanted to offer some factoids:

* I am writing a Beast Wars profiles book with Simon Furman (some folks wondered if it was some *other* Ben Yee).
* Issue #1 of the BW mini gives you a hint as to whether Japanese characters will be in the books.
* The profiles will NOT just be the guys (and gals) who appeared in the TV show (because that would be one very thin book).
* There will be G1 homages and yes, characters (who became BW characters) in the book such as Grimlock. However, they are in the minority.
* This is not some haphazard assembly of characters. Before writing a single profile, Simon and I worked up an entire backstory for the Maxies and Preds taking the TV show and Beast Machines (to a lesser degree) into account.

I hope you all enjoy what you see as time goes along. We are trying to produce something cool with these profiles. If I can reveal more (or even better, hopefully IDW themselves reveal more in the coming months) I'll post it on the front page or in here.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote