Old 2006-04-23, 08:36 PM   #219
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
It simplifies things that Verity doesn't have a family to worry about
I assume Hunter and Jimmy do, though... and Verity must have some stop-offs; or not have been AWOL for very long this time...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
The problem is that Marvel/DC's biggest characters do tend to suffer from a lack of this sort of detailing... for the likes of Batman/Wolverine, it's probably a way of keeping them at arms' length, but it is pretty poor that I own about a hundred issues of Spider-Man and couldn't tell you what he does to unwind.
Mmm, I remember Excalibur / Captain Britain being a lot more comfortable in its skin. The characters that haven't been through so many retcons yet, so many writing and art teams, etc. generally hold up a lot better to charges of inconsistency, and have enough detailing that they aren't simply shapes and stock responses trotted out to equally stock villains.

Quote:
The smiley face was there for a reason
Mmm. Not all of the responses are direct -- a fair few are for the peanut gallery, really -- and there are readers out there who apparently failed to spot the TFs left, right and centre. Less so on this board, thankfully. Lends a bit of credence to the alt-modes being disguises, I suppose...

Quote:
One moment he's capable of evading jets and Battlechargers, next he's falling for the old smoking crater.
We know he's read Blitzwing's files (or something similar; if you're truly familiar with a foe, talking to yourself about what they're capable of is much more redundant) but not if he's ever shot down a triple-changer before.

They'd all be issued with data on probable opposition on Earth, but the Autobots are an advance team keeping track of things rather than having heavy-hitters.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote