View Single Post
Old 2004-09-16, 10:25 PM   #39
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

As for classic molds like Sunstreaker and Wheeljack, I'm sure Hasbro/Takara know that we want them and we know they've got the capability to replicate them. As I figure it, it's only a matter of time before they do reissue them, but, for one reason or another (from office politics to licensing difficulties to safety problems), it may take them sometime before they do. For one thing, they're going to have to figure out how to cheaply give Sunstreaker that chromed appearance without using chrome.

Quoth davetherave:
I got that pretender, I got him off ebay he's been played wiyh so I cleaned him up and his in good nick. He's the one with the green car and a transformable suit? I'l be careful with him now.

Um, no. Metalhawk was just like your standard Autobot Pretender of 1988 (non-transforming, armored human outer shell) and he turned into a jet fighter (of sorts). He was colored blue and gold with red wings.
See here on Prime Saber's page: Metalhawk.
From your description, I'd guess that you have Decepticon Ultra Pretender Roadblock (as seen here on TFU).

Quoth Pun-3X:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Wheeljack sold in the "Classic" line (not the "Legends" line, where they packaged the inner bots of the regular character pretenders) issued in Europe? I thought that line came out in the later 80's (88? 89?) The mold might still exist for Wheeljack. Though, that means that they'd have to get it from storage in Europe, and that's saying it still exists.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Classics line sold in Europe essentially Hasbro's overstock from earlier in G1, just repackaged to fit in with the rest of that year's releases?

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote