TFARCHIVE

TFARCHIVE (http://tfarchive.com/community/index.php)
-   Transformers News & Rumours (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Three new Target exclusive movie Scouts (wave 3) (http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=39444)

Nevermore 2007-06-28 06:26 AM

Three new Target exclusive movie Scouts (wave 3)

Elita One (another Energon Arcee repaint)
Air Raid (another Energon Skyblast repaint)
Armorhide (Cybertron Armorhide repaint)

Ackula 2007-06-28 06:28 AM

Armorhide looks great, it shall be mine, oh yes....

Osku 2007-06-28 10:11 AM

Very, very nice. These not-so-bright colours fit very well on these molds. Too bad these are store exclusives. :(

PhantomWraith 2007-06-28 12:26 PM

Theres Always Ebay and Stuckakid. ^_^

Osku 2007-06-28 01:17 PM

Store exclusive -> there's always overseas shipping prices as well. ;)

Jaynz 2007-06-28 02:42 PM

Well, Armorhide looks good, and Elita One finally gets a toy after 20 years...

But, I dunno, the first two waves at Target aren't really moving at all. And since two of these are repaints of existing Target exclusives from the first wave... Seems like an odd set to me.

trilobitepictures 2007-06-28 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PhantomWraith
Theres Always Ebay...
now, now... nobody says the E word... that's "well known auction site"...

Jaynz 2007-06-28 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by trilobitepictures
now, now... nobody says the E word... that's "well known auction site"...
You know, that's always kind of bugged me... is there a reason they're doing that? It's not like mentioning Ebay by name is a legal liability or anything.

Halfshell 2007-06-28 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Elita One finally gets a toy after 20 years...
And, more mercifully, a canonised spelling...

Cliffjumper 2007-06-28 04:09 PM

*desperately scrabbles for out of focus *.jpg of model kit*

*doesn't care, gives up*

Nevermore 2007-06-28 04:12 PM

Quote:

You know, that's always kind of bugged me... is there a reason they're doing that? It's not like mentioning Ebay by name is a legal liability or anything.
I only don't explicitly name auction sites when the topic is images of a stolen test shot, as I don't want to advertize auctions for stolen stuff. As long as it's about dealing with legal items, mentioning eBay is fine for me.

Jaynz 2007-06-28 04:19 PM

The only proper response to that, Cliffy, would be 'Deathsaurus'.. DeathRUS.. etc... Though, to be thankful, BotCon settled THAT at least.

RID Scourge 2007-06-28 04:21 PM

Quote:

It more has to do with the fact that a lot of prototype/testshot/whateveryoucallthems have been leaked onto theifbay over the past few years, and Hasbro has discouraged fans from buying these items because they do not receive any compensation from the sale of these items, most of which have been smuggled out of the factories that manufacture the toys. In other words, these items are to be considered stolen property.

Basically, it's Nevermore's way of citing the source of the photos, without blatantly pointing out where these items can be found. People used to just post links to the auctions in news threads, but that practice has since been discouraged, and any links are quickly edited out of posts, in order to show cooperation with Hasbro's wishes.

EDIT: Nevermore beat me to it.

Halfshell 2007-06-28 04:31 PM

Quote:

The only proper response to that, Cliffy, would be 'Deathsaurus'.. DeathRUS.. etc... Though, to be thankful, BotCon settled THAT at least.
It's Deszaras. I don't care what a convention toy is called, the big duck thing off of Victory is called Deszaras.

A better example would have been Minelba or Carb... ;)

Jaynz 2007-06-28 04:39 PM

Quote:

EDIT: Nevermore beat me to it.
I kinda understand that, but, honestly, seems that it would make more sense just to keep killing any links.. but no worries.

And it's Deathsaurus. Sorry. :) A lot of people still citing 'Deszarus' ARE the guys still citing 'Minelba' and 'Carb', etc... heh.

Cliffjumper 2007-06-28 05:34 PM

Quote:

Was jokingly referencing existance of E-1 toy.

Jaynz 2007-06-28 06:00 PM

Ah, the fan one from a couple of years back? (Was that ever finished? They seem to have dropped off the planet...)

Until now, of course, the only official Elita One toy was the Takara sanctioned model kit with the name 'Elita One' on it. Of course, relying on Takara for proper spelling, etc, of names is an exercise in masochistic futility.

Osku 2007-06-28 06:18 PM

Quote:

And it's Deathsaurus. Sorry. :) A lot of people still citing 'Deszarus' ARE the guys still citing 'Minelba' and 'Carb', etc... heh.
Sorry, but you're wrong in this case.

Botcon toy is Deathsaurus.

Big chicken thing in Victory is Deszaras.

Nevermore 2007-06-28 06:52 PM

Technically, Hasbro are mostly indifferent to stolen test shots. Aaron Archer once claimed he likes fan sites reporting them so he could track down the source of the leaks. We're not one of those holier-than-thou sites who claim to act in Hasbro's best interest and censor any mention of the mere word "prototype". It's just been my personal policy that I don't want to support people profiting from stolen property, regardless of whether Hasbro actually cares or not. Hence, I report images of leaked test shots without directly pimping the auctions in question.

Jaynz 2007-06-28 06:54 PM

In some cases, it's a matter of discretion, since it's a pretty bad mangling of 'Engrish', but when official material from Takara references the 'lizard of death' when referring to Deathsaurus, then well...

RID Scourge 2007-06-28 08:03 PM

Meh. I'm gonna call him Desiree . . .

Quote:

Originally posted by Nevermore
Technically, Hasbro are mostly indifferent to stolen test shots. Aaron Archer once claimed he likes fan sites reporting them so he could track down the source of the leaks.
Ah. I was under the impression that Hasbro would rather these things not be leaked. Guess I was wrong.

Quote:

We're not one of those holier-than-thou sites who claim to act in Hasbro's best interest and censor any mention of the mere word "prototype".
Certainly not. Though, if Hasbro were to come out and say "Hey, we'd rather you not encourage these folks," it would be good policy to not allow said images, out of courtesy.

Quote:

It's just been my personal policy that I don't want to support people profiting from stolen property, regardless of whether Hasbro actually cares or not. Hence, I report images of leaked test shots without directly pimping the auctions in question.
Indeed. It's a sounds policy.

Brimstone 2007-06-28 08:04 PM

Quote:

But, I dunno, the first two waves at Target aren't really moving at all.
'Cause they're repaints of molds that didn't sell very well in the first place, maybe?

Actaully, I have no idea, that is an assumption on my part (I mean, do they have extra ones sitting around, and they decide to repaint them and market them again or something?) I was wholey underwhelmed by Cybertron toys in general (I only picked up a few of them...Excellion, Downshift, Primus, and Metroplex) so repaints of them are not really doing it for me.

But really, if it wasn't for the stupid automorph technology in the new toys, I would be almost 100% happy with what Hasbro has done with the new toys (except that some figures really needed to be Voyagers and not Deluxes...I'm looking at you, Bonecrusher :)) Point is, the last thing I want is repaints of figures that I didn't really like in the first place and completely don't fit with the new line.

But that's just me.

Jaynz 2007-06-28 08:11 PM

Quote:

Meh. I'm gonna call him Desiree . . .
I've been calling him 'Desi', myself. Particularly after I met his Lucy... :)

Quote:

Ah. I was under the impression that Hasbro would rather these things not be leaked. Guess I was wrong.
Ideally, they wouldn't be leaked, nor stolen in the first place. I guess that if they figure it's already stolen, that news about them helps them track down who's doing the stealing.

Quote:

Cause they're repaints of molds that didn't sell very well in the first place, maybe?
If I remember right, the Energon and Cybertron basics were the best selling figures of each line overall. I know that the Arcee and Skyblast molds got a LOT of attention when they were new.

But, Arcee's been done HOW many times now? (Including multiple uses as BotCon exclusives)... Two more back-to-back seems like a very odd choice.

Quote:

Actaully, I have no idea, that is an assumption on my part (I mean, do they have extra ones sitting around, and they decide to repaint them and market them again or something?)
No, the molds are still in good shape and Target wanted them as exclusives. Target LIKES the basic-price point, and wanted more for the pegs. The movie line is a bit lacking in that department.

Quote:

But really, if it wasn't for the stupid automorph technology in the new toys, I would be almost 100% happy with what Hasbro has done with the new toys
I actually love the movie vehicle modes, but those heads are still deal breakers for me. (That and I need to cut down my collection a bit already...) Granted, it IS the heads, in the toys, that really make this a 'Movie' line, since most of the actual BODIES are a lot closer to more conventional design.

Halfshell 2007-06-28 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Osku
Sorry, but you're wrong in this case.

Botcon toy is Deathsaurus.

Big chicken thing in Victory is Deszaras.

See - Osku gets it.

The only official romanji name we've ever gotten for the duckmonster is Deszaras. The fact that there was a Botcon toy supposedly representing the same character and called Deathsaurus is irrelevant. I mean the US name of Rijie was spelt "Mirage"... the HoC toy representing Overlord was called "Gigatron"...

Cliffjumper 2007-06-28 09:54 PM

Quote:

Until now, of course, the only official Elita One toy was the Takara sanctioned model kit with the name 'Elita One' on it. Of course, relying on Takara for proper spelling, etc, of names is an exercise in masochistic futility.
Which was the one I was referencing. I couldn't give a **** as to how the name was spelt in Japanese, Welsh or ASCII...

Jaynz 2007-06-28 10:20 PM

That's like saying we should all call 'Kup', 'Cha'. I mean, as far as us 'yanks' go, the Romanji/Translation should be based on the intent of the design, and not literal. Honestly.

:P

Skidmark 2007-06-28 11:52 PM

I hate it when they try not to be original.So I'll pass.

Halfshell 2007-06-29 07:54 AM

Quote:

That's like saying we should all call 'Kup', 'Cha'.
Not at all. The toy the Japanese know as Cha had an official release in the US under the name Kup.

Show me a Victory Duckmonster with Deathsaurus on the box and I'll concede. Until then stop deliberately missing the point.

Jaynz 2007-06-29 12:36 PM

Quote:

Show me a Victory Duckmonster with Deathsaurus on the box and I'll concede. Until then stop deliberately missing the point.
Oy, that's serious nits your picking there. You know perfectly well that Deszarus is both incredibly bad Romanji and bad mangling of Engrish. I mean, There's official Takara pakaging that says 'Minelba' too, and it's pretty much accepted that 'Minerva' was what they meant.

But, fine, whatever. I've got better things to do than get into an endless argument loop with someone who won't fault an easily citable mistake from Takara. :P

Cliffjumper 2007-06-29 12:39 PM

...but you didn't have better things to do for, what, the last six posts?

Halfshell 2007-06-29 01:03 PM

Quote:

Oy, that's serious nits your picking there.
There should be no other kind...

Quote:

someone who won't fault an easily citable mistake from Takara. :P
Of course it's a mistake. Which is my point. Deliberate or not, it's the only official romanisation of the name for that toy / that specific incarnation of that character.

I would have thought that exactly how serious I am is illustrated by my insistence on referring to it as a duck.

Ackula 2007-06-29 02:42 PM

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...10/pics/95.jpg

Halfshell 2007-06-29 03:00 PM

Not an argument. An informed discussion.

If you think that's an argument, you obviously don't read much round here...

Brimstone 2007-06-29 04:32 PM

Quote:

I actually love the movie vehicle modes, but those heads are still deal breakers for me.
I've actually really come to like most of the head molds, too. Ratchet's kind of reminds me of an old cowboy with the long handlebar moustaches. He looks kind of grandfatherly.

And Ironhide, he looks like a lion. I like it (although the toy kind of sucks becasue it's too dark to get any real detail). Bumblebee, I'll wait to see in action. I see the potential for the bumblebee design reference, but it it's all stationary, then I'm not that big a fan.

Some shots of Jazz I really like, some I don't. I'll have to wait on that one.

As for the Decepticons, I'm still very much not pleased with Megatron. I'm hoping it's better in motion. The others, I really like Bonecrusher's design and Brawl is okay (looks a lot like Beast Machines, really). Blackout is really cool looking. But Frenzy and Barricade and Starscream...I'm not so sure about those just yet. Very insect like (hell, Barricade even has four eyes).

Well, I guess I'll find out on Monday. :)

Jaynz 2007-06-29 05:28 PM

Snipping...

Quote:

Of course it's a mistake. Which is my point. Deliberate or not, it's the only official romanisation of the name for that toy / that specific incarnation of that character.
I thought there were a couple of more, thanks to the Magna and ad copy, but it's been a long time since I looked. In translation of things, I always go for intent anyway. Romanisation is always a pain from non-romanesque languages.

Quote:

I would have thought that exactly how serious I am is illustrated by my insistence on referring to it as a duck.
Ah, so you forgot where you were. ;) Honestly, it's impossible to tell how serious people are around here... my usual formal writing tone likely doesn't help things, either.

Quote:

I've actually really come to like most of the head molds, too. Ratchet's kind of reminds me of an old cowboy with the long handlebar mustaches. He looks kind of grandfatherly.
It's kind of like Beast Machines to me, I see what they were doing but it's a little 'too much' in that direction. Some of them (like Wreckage) actually work for me, but Bumblebee, Ironhide, and others, really just don't. Completely a matter of aesthetic, though, the toys are really well done overall.

I admit, the PS3 video game NEARLY sold me on bumblebee, until they showed the head shot again. AIEEE!

Quote:

As for the Decepticons, I'm still very much not pleased with Megatron.
Megs is probably the weakest and most lazy of the movie designs. From the Decepticons, the best design, in my mind, is one that there isn't going to be a toy of - Shockwave.

RID Scourge 2007-06-29 05:48 PM

Movie Shockwave? Hadn'na heard of him before . . . pics?

Jaynz 2007-06-29 05:53 PM

Quote:

Movie Shockwave? Hadn'na heard of him before . . . pics?
He's in the video games. I'm sure there are pics up somewhere, but all I got is from the game book and strategy guides. He's a large purple helicopter of death, I think. I haven't faced him yet.

Here we go:

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Shockwave_movie.jpg

RID Scourge 2007-06-29 06:29 PM

Ooh! Interesting. Well, I smell sequel, so maybe he'll be in the next movie line.

martyboy70 2007-06-29 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brendocon

Course its not a real "round here" argument Cliffy is not one of the main protagonists;)

Ackula 2007-06-30 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brendocon

You obviously missed the humour in that pic alone :D

Course its not a real arguement. Those usually involve TFVangaurd and Sir Auros. :glance: